Clean the elk lung from possible lesions, cook the lung for 2 hours. In a pressure cooker, cook elk lung for 1 hour. Boiled lung is suitable for minced meat or sausages.
How to cook light elk
1. Rinse the elk lung thoroughly and cut into pieces.
2. Carefully examine the cut surfaces, remove dark and excessively soft spots.
3. Put the pieces of the lung in a saucepan, pour water and heavily salt the water.
4. Cook light elk for 2 hours over low heat under the lid.
5. Drain the broth, dry the lung and put it on a roast or minced meat.
How to make elk lung roast
Light elk – 500 grams
Vegetable oil – 1/5 cup
Onions – 2 heads
Carrots – 2 pieces
Sweet pepper – 2 pieces
Salt and pepper – to taste
How to make roast lung
1. Boil lung elk in salted water.
2. Cool the lung and cut into pieces for 1 piece.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan, put the boiled lung, fry until golden brown over high heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Reduce the heat to medium, peel and chop the onion, put in a pan.
5. While the onions are fried, peel the carrots and cut into large cubes.
6. Add carrots to the pan and fry for 7 minutes over medium heat with regular stirring.
7. Peel the bell pepper from seeds and stalk, cut into squares and add to the pan.
8. Pour 1 glass of water and simmer everything together for 20 minutes.