Boil goat meat for 2 hours, changing the water an hour after cooking. Boil the meat of a young kid for 1 hour.
How to cook goat meat
1. Rinse the goat meat.
2. Put the goat meat in a bowl, pour milk or water with 1 tablespoon of 9% vinegar to rid the meat of a specific smell and make the boiled dish softer.
3. Transfer the goat meat to a saucepan, add water, put on fire.
4. After boiling, remove the foam with a slotted spoon, change the water and put the pan back on the fire.
5. As soon as the water boils, reduce the heat and cover the pan with a lid.
6. Boil young goat meat for 1 hour, and if it remains hard, continue cooking for another 1 hour.
Serve boiled goat meat delicious with bechamel sauce or mushroom sauce.
How to make goat meat stew
Goat meat – 1 leg
Onion – 2 heads
Long grain rice – 500 grams
Garlic – 2 teeth
Vegetable oil – 30 milliliters
Tomato paste – a third of a glass
of Curry – 1 tablespoon
Nutmeg powder – a pinch
Bay leaf – 2 leaves
Dry cloves – 2 pieces
Black pepper – a teaspoon
Salt – half a teaspoon
How to cook goat meat stew with rice
1. Rinse the goat meat, separate from the bones, cut into pieces about a centimeter thick.
2. Put the goat meat in a cup, salt, pepper, add a pinch of nutmeg, mix with your hands so that the spices are evenly distributed.
3. Cut the peeled onions into small cubes, chop the garlic.
4. Pour vegetable oil into a deep frying pan, heat over high heat until bubbles appear.
5. Put goat meat in hot oil, fry for 7 minutes until the resulting moisture has evaporated.
6. Add chopped onion and garlic to the goat meat, fry for several minutes.
7. Put tomato paste in a frying pan with goat meat, mix, pour boiling water so that it completely covers the meat.
8. Reduce the heat to low, put bay leaves, cloves in the stew, leave to stew for 2 hours.
9. Remove the finished meat from the broth with a slotted spoon, set aside in a warm place, leave the pan with the broth on the burner.
10. Change the temperature under the broth to medium, let it boil.
11. Rinse rice in cool water.
12. Add rice, curry to the boiling broth, add hot water if necessary, keep on the burner for 20 minutes with the lid closed.
13. Serve cooked meat and rice in sauce separately.
– So that goat meat after cooking is soft and does not have a strong specific smell , it is better to use the meat of a young goat – up to several months.
– Goat meat needs to be cooked for a long time – more than 2 hours, and it is best to marinate before cooking. For a marinade for 700 grams of meat, mix a glass of grape juice, five tablespoons of grape vinegar, bay leaf, black pepper, garlic, and salt. When marinating, turn the goat meat every 20-30 minutes so that it marinates evenly.
– Goat meat is not used for cooking , as it is tough, tasteless and has a strong unpleasant odor that cannot be eliminated, unlike female meat.
– In order to get rid of the specific taste when cooking goat meat , after boiling, it is recommended to drain the first broth, then pour the meat with clean water and continue cooking.
– Salt goat meat should be at the end of cooking, so that the meat is softer.