Cut the ram’s heart, rinse well from blood, put in a pot with boiling water and cook for 1.5 hours.
How to cook lamb heart
- The heart must be cleansed of the thin film that covers it. To do this, you need to use your nails, running your fingers under the film or prying it off the heart with a knife.
- Cut the heart into three parts lengthwise and cut out the large blood ducts.
- Rinse under running water.
- Boil water in a saucepan and immerse the heart in it.
- Remove the foam formed in the first minutes of cooking.
- Boil from 50 – 90 minutes. We check the readiness of the heart with a knife or a wooden skewer: if a sharp object gently passes through the meat fibers, then the pan can be removed from the fire.
The heart will cook faster if cut into large cubes or large strips.
If the heart you got has a strong lamb aroma, you can get rid of it by soaking the heart for 2-3 hours in cool water salted and acidified with 2 tablespoons of vinegar.
Hearty broth has a fairly neutral taste, so the resulting broth is good for gravy, but not at all suitable for making soup.