Boil the lamb tongue in salted water for 1.5-2 hours, depending on the youth of the lamb and the freshness of the tongue.
In a slow cooker, cook the lamb tongue in the “Soup” or “Chicken broth” mode for 1-1.5 hours.
Boil lamb tongue in a pressure cooker for 25-35 minutes.
Boil lamb tongue in a double boiler for 2 hours.
How to cook lamb tongue
How to cook mutton tongue in a saucepan
1. Wash mutton tongue, peel off the film, cut off the skin.
2. Pour cold water into a saucepan, place a whole tongue in it, boil and immediately drain the water.
3. Pour fresh cold water into a saucepan with a tongue, boil and cook for 1.5 hours (if the tongue is small and the lamb is young) or 2 hours (if the tongue is large and the lamb is ripe), over low heat.
4. Periodically remove foam from the surface of the broth using a slotted spoon.
5. In the prepared broth, add a few peppercorns and one bay leaf, salt.
How to cook mutton tongue in a multicooker
1. Washed and peeled mutton tongue, one whole onion and a whole carrot, put in a multicooker container, pour boiled water up to the mark 8, salt the water.
2. Set the “Chicken broth” mode on the multicooker and cook the lamb tongue for 1 hour.
How to cook mutton tongue in a pressure cooker
1. Bring salted water to a boil in a pressure cooker, place the washed and peeled mutton tongue in it, cook with the lid closed for 25 minutes.
2. In the middle of cooking, add a teaspoon of lemon juice and one bay leaf to the broth.
How to cook mutton tongue in a double boiler
1. Rinse and peel the mutton tongue from the skin and film, rub with salt and pepper, sprinkle with half a teaspoon of lemon juice.
2. Put the tongue in a saucepan and leave for 30 minutes. Transfer to foil, wrap the edges, place in a double boiler (in the upper bowl), cook for 1.5-2 hours until soft.
Boiled lamb tongue salad
Ingredients for making salad
Lamb tongue – 3 pieces
Salad – 8 large leaves
Red bell pepper – 1 piece
Green onion – a few arrows
Carrots – half
Turnip – half
Pitted olives – 5 tablespoons
Mustard – 1 tablespoon
Olive oil – 3 tablespoons
Grape Vinegar – 2 tablespoons
Ground black pepper and salt – to taste
How to cook a salad with boiled lamb tongue
Turnip, peel carrots. Boil the lamb tongue with turnips and carrots, adding salt and pepper.
Lettuce tear or cut with a wooden knife. Bulgarian pepper pour water, put on fire and cook for 10 minutes. Then remove the skin, seeds and cut into strips.
Mix grape vinegar, olive oil and salt. Remove the skin from the tongues and cut into strips. Put lettuce, pepper, tongue on each plate. Drizzle the salad with the vinegar, oil and salt mixture. Garnish with olives and serve.
Lamb tongue and peach salad
Lamb tongue – 200 grams
Beijing cabbage – 100 grams
Fresh cucumber – 1 piece
Pickled champignons – 4 pieces
Peach (canned / fresh) – 3 slices
Pine nuts – 3 tablespoons
Mayonnaise – 3 tablespoons
Salt – to taste
How to cook lamb tongue and peach salad
1. Rinse the lamb tongue, place in a pot of water and boil.
2. Drain the water, replace it with fresh water and cook for 90 minutes. After cooking, cool the tongue and cut into small pieces.
2. Finely chop one hundred grams of cabbage, cut canned or fresh peaches into square sticks, rinse pickled mushrooms and cut into cubes.
3. Mix tongue, cabbage, peaches and mushrooms with mayonnaise. Cut a fresh cucumber into slices and use them as a salad decoration along with pine nuts.
– Calorie lamb tongue – 200 kcal / 100 grams.
– If old lamb is used , during the cooking process, after boiling, change the cloudy water to fresh one once to eliminate the unpleasant aftertaste.
– If you dip the mutton tongue in cold water after boiling, the skin covering the tongue will separate more easily .
– Young mutton tongue (up to 1.5 years old) and sheep tongue do not have a specific smell .
– Traditionally, mutton tongue is usually served with tomato, sour cream and nut sauces.
– Sheep tongue is rich in useful trace elements and vitamins: calcium (strengthening bones), B1 (energy exchange), PP (metabolic processes) and B2 (fat burning).
– Lamb tongue is stored in the refrigerator, in a closed package for two days.
How to get rid of the smell of lamb tongue
– Before cooking, soak the lamb tongue in slightly warm water for 30 minutes.
– Wipe the tongue with salt and let stand for about 5 hours.
– Using spices can muffle an unpleasant smell. Mint herbs, coriander, oregano, cumin, cumin are suitable for lamb tongue. It is better not to use rosemary, parsley, bell pepper or dill.
– Fresh tomatoes, radishes, radishes, garlic, onions (half a piece per one sheep tongue), as well as dairy products (milk, kefir, yogurt – you need to pour the sheep tongue so that it is completely was covered in liquid).
– To rid the mutton tongue of the smell and make it softer, before cooking it should be soaked in carbonated mineral water with the addition of 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Put the soaked tongue under the press for 2-3 hours.
– The smell is completely eliminated if vegetable puree from carrots, tomatoes and bell peppers is used instead of water.