Boil the soup for 1 hour, then leave for 15 minutes. It takes half an hour to cook soup in the kitchen.
How to cook kakavyu
bass (or any other small sea fish) – 1 kilogram
Potato – 3 large tubers
Onion – 2 large heads
Lemon juice – juice from half a citrus
Olive oil – 0.5 cups
Water – 5 cups
Pepper – at the tip of a teaspoon
Salt -1 teaspoon
How to cook kakavyu
1. 1 kilogram of sea bass, peeled, gutted, cut off the fins and rinsed with cold water.
2. Cut the fish into 6 pieces.
3. Wash the potatoes, peel and cut into 4 elongated slices.
4. Peel and finely chop 2 onions.
5. Get juice from half a lemon using a juicer.
6. Pour olive oil into a deep saucepan, heat over medium heat and add chopped onion.
7. Fry the onion until golden brown for 3 minutes.
8. Add chopped potatoes to the onion in a saucepan, mix and fry for 10 minutes over medium heat without a lid.
9. Add pieces of fish to the dishes, mix and fry for another 5 minutes.
10. Pour 5 cups of water into a saucepan with fish and vegetables, add pepper and 1 teaspoon of salt, mix.
11. Increase heat and cook for 25 minutes; every 5 minutes, the foam should be removed from the cocoa.
12. After the time has elapsed, remove the soup pot from the stove, pour in the lemon juice, mix and cover; insist 15 minutes.
13. Before serving kakavy, fish out pieces of fish, potatoes with a slotted spoon, place on a plate and serve separately from the broth.
Kakavia is a Cretan fish dish. In Crete, there is no tradition of cooking soups, with the exception of the fish dish kakavia, which is boiled from small sea fish immediately after catching it. The fishermen immediately, right on the fishing boat, prepare it.
– When serving cocoa, fish and potatoes are laid out in a separate plate, having previously caught them from the broth with a slotted spoon. Strain the broth into another bowl. Serve kakavyu with a spoon for broth and a fork for grounds.
– For cooking kakavya soup, small sea fish are used: sea bass, flounder, mullet, katran.
– You can add cream and butter to kakavyu – this will make the dish much more satisfying.
– Additionally, other seafood can be added to kakavy: mussels, squid, crabs and octopuses.