Hawthorn jam should be boiled for 25 minutes. In total, it takes 1 hour to prepare 1 liter of hawthorn jam.
How to make hawthorn jam
Hawthorn – 1 kilogram
Water – 500 milliliters
Sugar – 800 grams
Citric acid – 3 grams
How to cook hawthorn jam
1. Rinse 1 kilogram of hawthorn fruits and dry them.
2. Transfer the hawthorn to a saucepan and pour 500 milliliters of water over it.
3. Put the pot on high heat and bring to a boil.
4. Boil hawthorn until soft, about 15 minutes.
5. After 15 minutes, drain the hawthorn broth from the pan into a separate container.
6. Rub the boiled hawthorn through a sieve so that the seeds and skin are separated from the main mass.
7. Mix hawthorn puree with 800 grams of sugar and a decoction of berries.
8. Place the saucepan over medium heat and simmer the jam for about 25 minutes until it begins to pull away from the saucepan.
9. Pour hot jam into jars and roll up.