Boil blackcurrant jam for 30 minutes .
In total, the preparation of jam will take 1 hour .
How long to cook blackcurrant jam
Products for cooking
Black currant – 1 kilogram
Sugar – 1 kilogram
Water – 1/4 cup
How easy it is to cook blackcurrant jam
1. Rinse the berries and put them in a saucepan, pour in water.
2. Put the pan on the fire.
3. Cook jam, crushing the berries so that they give juice.
4. Pour in sugar, stir until completely dissolved.
5. Grind the berries in jam with an immersion blender.
6. Cook jam after boiling for 20 minutes.
7. Pour the jam into sterilized jars, cool and store.
How to cook pitted blackcurrant jam
1. Select dense, ripe berries for making jam.
2. Clean the berries from plant debris, rinse and dry a little.
3. Put the pot with berries on medium heat, pour in 1/4 cup of water and cook the jam, stirring, 10 minutes after boiling.
4. Gently, so as not to burn yourself, rub the blackcurrant through a sieve, put it in a saucepan for cooking jam.
5. Gradually adding sugar, dissolve it in the jam.
6. Boil the jam after boiling again for 20 minutes, stirring and removing the foam.
7. Pour hot blackcurrant jam into sterilized jars and roll up.
8. Wrap the jars of jam with a blanket and cool like this, turning the jars upside down.
After cooling, the jam jars are stored away.
How to cook blackcurrant jam in a bread machine
1. Pour the washed blackcurrant berries into a deep bowl and chop with a blender. You can use a food processor.
2. Transfer the berry mass to the bowl of the bread machine.
3. Add sugar, mix.
4. Put the bowl in the bread machine, set the “Jam” mode.
5. After the bread machine turns off, pour the jam into clean jars and close the lids.
Take into account the volume of the bread machine bowl and reduce the amount of berries and sugar, keeping the ratio 1:1.
How to cook blackcurrant jam in a
slow cooker 1. Place the washed berry in a deep bowl, add a third of the sugar norm and chop with a blender.
2. Transfer the berry with sugar to the multicooker bowl, boil for 5 minutes in the “Soup” mode.
3. Add the rest of the sugar, mix, continue cooking for 20 minutes in the “Soup” mode.
4. After turning off the multicooker, put the finished blackcurrant jam into dry, clean jars and close the lids.
– In jam prepared for the future, 5 minutes before the end of cooking, you can add citric acid, which will help preserve the color and smell of the product.
– To make pitted jam, after 10 minutes of cooking, put the berries in a metal sieve and, helping yourself with a pusher, release the berry pulp from the skins and seeds. Such a jam will be transparent, and thanks to pectin, it will have a thick consistency.
– Fresh blackcurrants are rich in vitamins, but after cooking, high-temperature resistant vitamin P remains in the jam, which strengthens the walls of blood vessels and vitamin K, which increases blood clotting. Blackcurrant jam preserves: potassium, useful for the heart muscle and pectin, which helps to remove harmful substances.
– The calorie content of blackcurrant jam is about 260 kcal / 100 grams, in order to reduce it, you need to use less sugar, but you will have to store such jam in the refrigerator.
– For cooking blackcurrant jam, you can not use gelatin, because. berries contain natural gelling agents. And do not be afraid of the liquid consistency of jam during cooking: after the dessert has cooled, it will acquire a thick consistency.