It takes 1 hour to cook 1 liter of quince jam.
How to make quince jam
for 1 liter jar
Quince – 1.5 kilograms
Sugar – 1 kilogram
Water – half a glass
1. Wash 1.5 kilograms of quince, cut out darkened places. Cut each quince in half, cut out the seed nest, remove the stalks and grate on a coarse grater.
How to cook quince jam in a saucepan
2. Place the grated quince in a saucepan, pour in water, stir and put the saucepan with quince on medium heat.
3. Bring the quince to a boil, reduce the heat and cook for half an hour.
4. Pour sugar, gently stir it into the jam and cook for another 10 minutes.
How to cook quince jam in a multicooker
1. Put quince in a multicooker, pour in water, set the “Baking” mode and cook after boiling for 30 minutes, stirring regularly.
2. Pour sugar, mix and cook for another half hour.
Preparation of quince jam
1. Sterilize the jars, put hot jam in them and roll up the lids soaked in boiling water.
2. Cover jars with quince jam with a blanket and cool in this state.
3. Remove cooled cans for storage.
– Ready-made quince jam has a red-pink color, the taste combines apple and pear flavors.
– When cooking, you can not grate the quince, but just cut into slices. Then cook the jam for 50 minutes and 10 minutes before the end of cooking, grind the jam with an immersion blender or sieve.
– To taste, when cooking quince jam, you can add 2 grams of citric acid – it must be added a couple of minutes before the end of cooking.
– To make the taste of quince jam more spicy, you can add the zest of 1 lemon and / or orange, peeled, and a little grated ginger root (1.5 kilograms of quince – 10 grams of ginger) to the jam.
– Quince jam turns out to be very thick, so it is necessary to add more water for dense varieties of quince or, after adding sugar to the chopped quince, wait 3-4 hours for the juice to be released.
– To taste, quince can be peeled.
– Ready-made quince jam retains copper, which is very useful in the treatment and prevention of anemia.