Boil ginger root for 15 minutes. For drinks, brew the root, ground on a grater, in warm water or tea for 5-7 minutes.
How to boil ginger root
Water – 600 milligrams
Black tea – 1 tablespoon
Lemon – 1 piece
Honey – 1 tablespoon
Ginger – 1 small root
How to make ginger tea
1. Pour the tea into the teapot.
2. Boil water, pour tea into it, cover tightly and leave for 10-15 minutes, the tea should cool to 65-70 degrees.
3. Peel and grate the ginger root.
4. Squeeze out the lemon juice, remove the seeds if necessary.
5. Add the lemon peel to the tea, then the ginger root, then the lemon juice, then the honey, stirring each time.
6. Infuse ginger tea for 10 minutes, then consume. For colds and fever, drink, cooling to 50 degrees.
How to choose
When choosing a ginger root, pay attention to its color: a fresh root will be whitish, very hard to the touch, the skin should be even, without young shoots and dark spots. Young ginger up to 8 centimeters in length is considered the most useful; it is recommended to brew such ginger in drinks along with the peel. Large roots are perfect for cooking in hot dishes.
to Peel Ginger Root Before peeling the ginger root, cut off the peel with a small knife. Cut out all eyes and dark places. Then rinse thoroughly.
Boil or brew
When boiled, ginger root loses most of its useful qualities, so it is brewed in warm water. However, if ginger is used to add flavor, then it can and should be boiled. As a rule, ginger root is added to hot meat dishes to give them a sharp, spicy ginger flavor and aroma. Ginger is added to hot dishes 15 minutes before the end of cooking.
How to store
Store ginger root in the refrigerator for 1 month. Custard ginger is not stored in the drink.