Cook young vegetable beans peeled or unpeeled (in pods) for 15 minutes after boiling.
How to cook beans for a side dish
Beans – 200 grams of peeled or 500 grams of unpeeled
Garlic – 2 cloves
Green onions or fresh celery greens – 5 onion feathers or two branches of celery
greens Fresh cilantro – 1 bunch
Vegetable oil – 4 tablespoons
Flour – 1 tablespoon (without a slide)
Salt and pepper – to taste
Water for boiling beans – 3 cups
1. If unpeeled beans were bought, then you need to wash the pods, open them and pull out the beans.
2. Peel the garlic and finely chop or squeeze through the garlic press.
3. Wash green onions or celery greens and chop finely.
4. Pour 3 cups of water into the pan, put the beans, chopped green onions and cook after boiling for 10 minutes over low heat.
5. Salt and pepper the beans, cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Drain excess water so that a little water remains, at the level of the beans.
7. Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon of flour (without a slide) and mix thoroughly.
8. Leave on low heat for another 5 minutes, stirring constantly – to thicken the mass.
9. Turn off the heat, add garlic and chopped cilantro. To mix everything.
10. Serve in a deep bowl as a side dish.
You can add sour cream or a little tomato paste to beans cooked in this way, season with oregano or cumin, the dish will have a richer taste and delicate aroma.
– Calorie content of young green beans – 35 kcal / 100 grams.
– The benefits of young green beans
Green beans are rich in protein (up to 37%), so they are an excellent substitute for meat for the body. They are a dietary product useful for the liver, kidneys, and intestines. Also, green beans are used for indigestion, and the high content of iron and potassium in beans helps prevent cardiovascular disease and lowers cholesterol.
Vitamins contained in young beans: C (blood, immunity), group B, PP (nervous system), A (bones, teeth).
– Young green beans in pods are stored in a ventilated place for up to two days. Boiled green beans keep in the refrigerator for up to three days.
– Young green beans can be boiled with or without the pods. If the beans are boiled in pods , they must be washed, cut off the tips and thrown into boiling water whole or cut into large pieces. After boiling, cool and remove the beans. Also, young green beans can be eaten raw, they taste like young peas.