In a saucepan , ginger jam is cooked for 5 minutes after boiling, in total it takes half an hour to cook.
In a slow cooker , cooking ginger jam in the “Extinguishing” mode is 30 minutes.
How to make Ginger Lemon Jam
Ginger root – 200 grams
Lemon – 200 grams
Sugar – 400 grams
How to cook ginger jam in a saucepan
1. Rinse fresh ginger, peel. Cut the prepared ginger into small thin slices, then weigh.
2. Wash the lemon, cut into thin slices, remove the seeds. Weigh the resulting amount of lemon, its weight should be equal to the weight of chopped ginger.
3. Weigh sugar, its weight should be equal to the weight of ginger and lemon. That is, if ginger and lemon turned out to be 200 grams each, 400 grams of sugar are needed.
4. Chopped ginger and lemon must be placed in a saucepan, covered with sugar.
5. Put the pan on the fire, stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly with a spoon.
6. Remove the jam from the heat, pour into sterilized jars. After the jam has cooled, close the lid tightly.
How to make ginger jam in a slow cooker
1. Wash, peel and cut the ginger root into thin slices. Weigh the resulting ginger.
2. Wash the lemon, cut it thinly. Weigh the sliced lemon, its weight should be equal to the weight of sliced ginger. So, if the weight of ginger is 200 grams, then the weight of lemon should be 200 grams.
3. Weigh the sugar, the ratio of sugar and ginger root to lemon is 1 to 1, i.e. using 200 grams of ginger and 200 grams of lemon, you need 400 grams of sugar.
4. Put sliced ginger, lemon into the multicooker bowl, cover with sugar, close the lid. In the “stewing” mode, the preparation of ginger jam is 30 minutes.
– Calorie content of ginger jam 223 kcal / 100 grams.
– Ginger jam is a very useful product, especially recommended for use in the autumn-winter period. Ginger has an anti-inflammatory, diaphoretic, analgesic effect.
– Ginger jam is used as a sauce for main dishes.
The lemon peel will be softer if the lemon is cut into very thin slices.
– Store ginger jam at 20-25 degrees.
– Ginger jam can be prepared with any fruit of your choice: banana, pumpkin, kiwi.