Boil the fish broth for 45 minutes to 1 hour after boiling. In order to make the broth transparent, it will take another half an hour.
How to cook fish broth
Water – 2 liters
Fish (for example, hake and / or haddock) or fish set – 600 grams
Parsley root – 2 roots
Onions – 1 head
Bay leaf – 4 leaves
Salt – to taste
Black pepper – 6 peas
How to cook fish broth
1. Wash the fish heads in cool water, cut out the gills and eyes.
2. Cut the fish or large fish bones from the set into several pieces, rinse in cool water.
3. Pour the fish parts with 2 liters of cold water, place the closed pan on the burner over medium heat, wait for it to boil.
4. Remove the resulting foam, change the fire to a quiet one.
5. Wash the parsley root, peel, cut into strips 0.5 cm thick, 3 cm wide.
6. Peel and finely chop the onion.
7. Put onions, parsley root, bay leaves, salt and pepper into the broth, keep for 40 minutes over low heat.
8. Leave the finished broth to brew for 20 minutes.
9. Remove the foam from the surface of the broth with a spoon, strain.
How to make fish broth clear
For 3 liters of broth
In order for the broth to remain transparent during cooking, the fish must be poured with cold water and boiled over medium heat, constantly removing the foam.
In order to make the broth clear, braces are used, which draw in everything that makes it cloudy. This is especially important when aspic is cooked from fish broth .
1) Pull from minced meat
In 100 grams of low-fat minced meat, pour a glass of broth and protein of 1 chicken egg, mix, leave for 20 minutes. Heat the guy and pour into the broth, cook for 30 minutes, then strain through cheesecloth, folded several times. The advantage of the method is that in the future, minced meat can be used for food – for example, for making meatballs.
2) Egg white and raw carrot brace
In 100 grams of grated carrots, add a glass of broth and 1 egg white, mix, bring to a boil. Pour the guy into the fish broth, bring to a boil, strain through cheesecloth.
3) classic egg whites
Cool the broth in the refrigerator, add beaten whites of 10 eggs, keep the broth on low heat for 30 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the surface of the broth white thick foam and strain it through cheesecloth.
What is fish broth made from?
Fish broth is made from fish fillets, heads, bones, backbones, fins and skin. Small fish are put into the broth without processing.
About broths from different types of fish
– Any sturgeon, salmon, catfish, pike perch, hake, haddock, crucian carp, perch (sea and river) are suitable for cooking the broth. You can add different types of fish to the broth to taste. It is especially good to combine fatty fish and meaty, then you get a delicious rich broth with a hearty addition – almost a ready-made dish.
– Sea fish can give the broth a specific smell. To get rid of it, before cooking, the fish is sprinkled with lemon juice or a diluted solution of citric acid, and for each kilogram of fish, 3 bay leaves and 6 black peppercorns are added. You can drown out the smell of fish, if it is too strong or unpleasant, by pouring 200 milliliters of cucumber pickle into the broth.
– It is not recommended to cook broth from mackerel and herring. It is also undesirable to use fish caught in an overgrown pond. It can give the broth the smell of a swamp, which will have to be “brought out” with seasonings.
The richest broths are obtained from pike perch, perch and ruff. A bitter taste can give carp, bream and carp.
Fish broth and spices
– You can add black pepper, onions, green onions, dill, parsley to the broth. Ground paprika will give the broth a flavor and a pleasant shade, garlic and ginger – sharpness, lemon juice – sourness.
– For greater richness of the broth and to give it a “smoky” flavor, smoked fish is added to it.
– If the fish broth is bitter, then the fish is not handled carefully enough when cutting. Most likely, bile, or gills, got into the broth. Also, so that the fish broth does not taste bitter, it is recommended to thoroughly rinse the fish from blood. You can improve the taste of the broth by adding sugar and dill. If it does not help, try pouring in lemon juice (1 tablespoon each).
And one more thing
– Calorie content of fish broth – 50 kcal / 100 grams.
– Fish broth is suitable for making fish soups, fish soup , sauces , aspic .