Boil duck liver for 15-20 minutes.
How to cook duck liver
1. Clean the duck liver from veins and blood clots, rinse the duck liver thoroughly in cool water.
2. Pour 2.5-3 liters of cold fresh water into a saucepan, place on a large fire, wait for the water to boil.
3. Put half a teaspoon of salt in boiled water, wait a minute until the salt dissolves in boiling water.
4. Put the duck liver in boiling salted water, add a couple of bay leaves, reduce heat to low, cook for 40 minutes.
5. Put the duck liver on a plate, use in dishes as directed; store in decoction.
Salad with duck liver
Duck liver – 300 grams
Onions – 1 head
Mushrooms (can be champignons) – 200 grams
Vegetable oil – 50 milliliters
Sour cream or mayonnaise for dressing – 3 tablespoons
Pickled cucumbers – 2 pieces
Black pepper – a pinch
Salt – half a teaspoon
How to cook a salad with duck liver
1. Peel the liver from the film, wash it under cool water.
2. Pour 2.5-3 liters of cold fresh water into a saucepan, place on a high heat, bring to a boil, salt.
3. Put the duck liver in the same pan, cook for 20 minutes.
4. Remove the liver from the water, let it cool.
5. Peel the onion, chop into thin half rings – a few millimeters thick.
6. Wash the mushrooms, cut into transverse pieces a few millimeters thick.
7. Pour vegetable oil into a frying pan, heat until bubbles form over medium heat.
8. Fry the onion in a heated frying pan for several minutes, add the mushrooms, fry for 5 minutes, remove from the burner, cool the frying.
9. Chop cucumbers and cooled duck liver into strips 1 cm thick, 4 cm long.
10. Combine duck liver, pickled cucumbers, frying in a salad bowl, add a pinch of salt, black pepper, pour over sour cream or mayonnaise, mix.
11. Let the salad soak by refrigeration for 1 hour.