Dhal cook for 30 minutes.
how to cook indian dhal
Red lentils – 200 grams (1 cup)
Onion – 1 onion
Coconut shavings – 2 tablespoons
Coconut milk – 1 cup
Vegetable oil – 4 tablespoons
Garlic – 2 cloves
Water – 1 cup
Pickled ginger – 8 grams
Cinnamon – 1 teaspoon
Pepper ground chili – 1.2 teaspoons
Coriander – 3 tablespoons
Garam masala mixture – 1 teaspoon
Greens (cilantro) – bunch
Sugar, salt – to taste
Preparation of products
1. Sort the lentils, select the garbage, rinse with water.
2. Peel the onion head and chop finely.
3. Finely chop the pickled ginger or chop with a garlic press.
4. Peel 2 cloves of garlic, finely chop.
5. Rinse a bunch of cilantro, dry, cut.
How to cook Indian dhal
1. Pour 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil into a frying pan and heat it up.
2. Add chopped onion, garlic and pickled ginger.
3. Season with chili, cinnamon, coriander, sugar and mix well.
4. Fry the spice mixture over low heat for about 5 minutes, until the onion is transparent.
5. Pour the washed lentils, the contents of the pan and the coconut flakes into the pan.
6. Mix everything well.
7. Alternately pour 1 cup of coconut milk and water into the pan, and cook for 20 minutes.
8. After the time has elapsed, remove the Indian dhal from the heat, add the mixture of roasted garam masala spices and mix.
9. Put the finished Indian dhal in a separate bowl, sprinkle with herbs and serve.
– Dhal or dal is a traditional Indian vegetarian dish, puree soup. Its basis is legumes, which are boiled to the state of mashed soup. For cooking, lentils, peas, chickpeas are most often used. Mandatory components of dhal are coconut milk, garam masala seasonings, garlic and fried onions.
– Before starting the preparation of dhal, you need to prepare the ghee oil, in which the spices will be fried. To save time, you can replace the ghee with ghee or regular butter. To prepare ghee on your own, you need to follow these steps:
1. To prepare dhal, you need 2 tablespoons of ghee, so initially you need to take 4 tablespoons of butter. Place the butter in a saucepan and melt over low heat.
2. When heated, you need to remove the resulting foam with a spoon.
3. The remaining clear oil will be used to fry the spices.
– One of the components of the dhal dish is a mixture of spices garam masala. If you don’t have a base product at hand, you can compose it yourself. Must be: turmeric, coriander, ground pepper, garlic, ginger. Additionally, you can use white pepper, cardamom, anise, nutmeg, cumin, cinnamon and others.
– When frying spices, you need to follow the sequence, add each spice in turn. In this case, you need to intensively mix the mixture. If the spices burn, they will spoil the taste and aroma of the whole dhal.