Danhuatang soup takes 1 hour to cook.
How to cook danhuatang soup
Chicken fillet – 400 grams
Egg – 2 pieces
Tofu cheese – 50 grams
Seaweed Nori – 100 grams
Green onion – a large bunch (100 grams)
Ground pepper – at the tip of a teaspoon
Salt – 1 teaspoon
How to cook danhuatang
1. Rinse 400 grams of chicken fillet under cold water, dry and cut into portions.
2. Place the meat in a saucepan and pour in plenty of water.
3. Salt the water, put on medium heat and bring to a boil.
4. Cook for 20 minutes; to make the broth transparent, you should constantly remove the foam with a spoon.
5. 50 grams of Tofu cut into cubes with a side of 1 centimeter.
6. Rinse Nori seaweed with cold water, dry and chop finely.
7. Break 2 chicken eggs into a separate container and beat until a homogeneous mass is formed.
8. Rinse green onions under running water, dry and cut as small as possible.
9. When the broth with meat is boiled for 20 minutes, pour finely chopped Nori seaweed, green onions and Tofu cheese into the pan, mix the soup.
10. Bring danhuatang to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
11. Gently, slowly pour the beaten eggs into the broth. It should be constantly stirred so that a thin egg stream curls into flakes.
12. Season danhuatang with pepper and cook for 3 minutes.
13. Pour the finished soup into plates or cups, as is customary in Chinese culture, and serve.
Danhuatang is a traditional Chinese soup made with chicken broth and flaked eggs.
– The essence of cooking the Chinese dish danhuatang is that eggs are poured into a boiling broth in a thin stream. This allows it to curl up into flake-like tufts floating in the soup. And in order for the eggs to pour in this way, they need to be broken and poured into a container, beat them well so that the yolk and protein form a homogeneous mass. And only then pour into boiling chicken broth.
— Similar recipes for danhuatang soup can be found in Europe, Japan, America and Russia. Parmesan cheese is added to Italian dishes. In French cuisine, a similar Turin soup is relevant, to which additional garlic is added. During the preparation of the Austrian soup “Eierfleckensuppe”, the egg is mixed with a small amount of flour, thus lumps – dumplings – are formed in the broth. In Russia, they prepare “Green Borscht”, only they add not Nori seaweed, but finely chopped sorrel.
— The main ingredients of danhuatang soup are chicken broth, egg and nori seaweed. In this way, it turns out to be liquid, and to make it thick and satisfying, you can add brown or white rice, as well as Tofu cheese. Often the soup is seasoned with black or white pepper, green onions are added.
– It is preferable to cook danhuatang in a cast iron pan. Everything in it warms up evenly, and it retains the heat of the broth for a long time.