Divide fresh cauliflower into florets and cook for 15-20 minutes . Cook frozen cauliflower for 15-17 minutes without defrosting. Boil cauliflower in a double boiler for 25 minutes, in a slow cooker – 15 minutes.
How to cook cauliflower
You will need – cauliflower, water
1. Peel the leaves from the cauliflower, cut out dark places on the inflorescences and wash.
2. Cut the cabbage along the stalk.
3. Separate the cauliflower into florets.
4. Pour water into a saucepan and put on fire.
5. Salt the water.
6. Put the cabbage in boiled water.
7. Pour the vinegar into the water so that the cabbage does not darken when cooked.
8. Boil cabbage over medium heat with medium bubbling for 20 minutes.
9. Place the cauliflower in a colander to drain the water.
Your cauliflower is cooked!
How to cook cauliflower in the microwave
1. Rinse cauliflower (500 grams), separate the inflorescences and put them in a microwave-safe dish with inflorescences in the center, stems from the center.
2. Add a small amount of water, place the dishes in the microwave, having previously covered the microwave lid.
3. Cook at a power of 800 watts for 5 minutes-7 minutes.
4. Salt, cook for another 4 minutes.
How to cook cauliflower in a multicooker for a couple
1. Wash the cauliflower well, divide it into small inflorescences and put it in the multicooker tray.
2. Pour enough water into the container to cover the cabbage halfway and close the lid.
3. Cook for 20 minutes in the “Steamer” mode.
How to steam cauliflower
1. First you need to prepare the dishes. For steaming, you need a double boiler or a simple construction of a pot and a metal sieve.
2. Thoroughly wash the cauliflower, disassemble into small inflorescences, put in a sieve and cover with a lid.
3. Put on fire, boil water.
4. Boil the cabbage until cooked, which you can check with a knife.
5. Lightly salt before use.
How to boil cauliflower before
frying It is not necessary to boil cauliflower before frying, but if the stalks are large, then boiling will help soften them.
1. Wash the head of cauliflower, remove the leaves.
2. Disassemble the cabbage into inflorescences.
3. Put a saucepan of water on the stove, pour water in such a way that the cabbage inflorescences are completely covered.
4. Boil water and salt.
5. Lower the cabbage.
6. Cook until half cooked for 7 minutes over low heat.
7. Remove from heat and rinse with cold water using a colander.
8. The cabbage is ready for frying.
How to cook cabbage soup
Cauliflower soup products
Cauliflower – 300 grams fresh or 500 grams frozen
Chicken (fatty, for broth – legs or thighs) – 200 grams
Potatoes – 3 pieces
Onion – 1 piece
Carrots – 1 piece
Tomato – 1 piece
Garlic – 2 teeth
Herbs, basil, salt, pepper – to taste
How to cook cabbage soup from cauliflower
1. Pour 4 liters of water into a 5-liter saucepan, put on fire and put the chicken when boiling, cook for 20 minutes, then put and cool the meat, separate from the bones and return to the broth.
2. Peel and cut carrots, garlic and onions, fry in vegetable oil, add to the broth.
3. Peel and cut the potatoes into cubes, add to the broth; divide the cabbage into small inflorescences, add to the broth.
4. Salt cabbage soup and add chopped greens.
5. Pour boiling water over the tomato, peel, cut and add to cabbage soup.
6. Cook cabbage soup for another 10 minutes.
Serve cauliflower soup with herbs and sour cream.
Cauliflower for the winter
What you need to harvest cauliflower for the winter
Cabbage – 2 kilograms
1 liter of water
Vinegar 9% – half a tablespoon
Salt – 2 tablespoons
Sugar – 2 tablespoons
Cloves – 5 pieces
Dill and parsley – 5 branches each
How to pickle cauliflower for the winter
1. Divide the cauliflower into inflorescences.
2. Dip the inflorescences in salted boiling water, cook for 10 minutes.
3. Throw the cauliflower in a colander, cool with cold water.
4. Arrange the cabbage in sterilized jars, laying in layers through the dill and parsley.
5. Pour hot marinade (mix water, salt, sugar, cloves, boil, turn off the heat and add vinegar).
6. Sterilize jars of cabbage – 10 minutes.
It is better to boil cauliflower in an enamel bowl.
How to make cauliflower white?
You can give cauliflower a snow-white color. To do this, it must be boiled in an open pan with the addition of:
– or milk (300 ml per 2 liters of water);
– or 1 teaspoon of lemon juice;
– or several crystals of citric acid;
– or vinegar essence.
In what water to cook cauliflower?
Boil cauliflower in a small amount of water under a lid in an enamel pan. Boiled cabbage at the end of cooking should be put out of the pan.
The benefits and energy value of cauliflower There
is more protein and ascorbic acid in cauliflower than in white cabbage. Only 50 grams of cauliflower is enough to supply the human body with vitamin C.
Cauliflower is effective in the treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (heaviness in the stomach, gastritis, stomach ulcers), endocrine, respiratory and urinary tract diseases.
Cauliflower is very useful for children.
The shelf life of fresh cauliflower is no more than 10 days. The shelf life of frozen cauliflower is no more than 2 months.
Calorie content of cauliflower
Cauliflower is considered a low-calorie food. 100 grams of cauliflower contains 21 kilocalories.
How to choose fresh cauliflower
Kachan should be a uniform whitish color, not flabby, with fresh leaves. It is better to choose frozen cabbage in a transparent bag – cabbage should be without snow, also light in color and with medium inflorescences.
The price of cauliflower
The price for 1 kilogram of fresh cauliflower is from 250 rubles, frozen – from 200 rubles. (data as of June 2017). Keep in mind that when buying fresh cauliflower, you choose more benefits, but due to the leaves and stalk, the weight of the processed product is less. And choosing frozen cauliflower – less benefit, but understandable quantity and ease of preparation.
Check out cauliflower gravy recipes!
Boiled cauliflower with milk sauce
Cauliflower – 450 grams (frozen)
Milk – 1.5 cups
Butter – 50 grams
Tomato puree – tablespoon
Flour – 1 tablespoon
Garlic – two teeth
Salt – 1.5 teaspoons
Water – 1 liter
1. Fry a tablespoon of flour for 2 minutes in a frying pan without oil. The flour will take on a nutty flavor.
2. Chop the peeled two cloves of garlic.
3. Warm milk to 60 degrees.
Preparation of cauliflower
1. Boil the cauliflower. To do this, place 450 grams of inflorescences in boiling water, salted with a teaspoon of salt. 5 minutes to cook.
2. Drain the water and leave the inflorescences in a colander.
Preparation of the sauce
At each stage of preparation, be sure to stir the ingredients.
1. Heat the pan and dissolve 50 grams of butter. Fire is small.
2. Add tomato puree, a pinch of salt, toasted flour.
3. Pour milk in small portions, without stopping heating.
4. Cook for 5 minutes after adding the last portion of milk
5. Add garlic, stir, stop heating immediately.
Put the cabbage florets on a plate and pour over the sauce.