Boil bone broth from pork bones for 2 hours, from beef bones – 5 hours, from lamb bones – up to 4 hours, from poultry bones – 1 hour.
How to cook bone broth
Pork bones – 1 kilogram
Onion – 1 piece (150 grams)
Carrots – 1 piece (150 grams)
Black pepper – 15 peas Bay
leaf – 2 pieces
Pepper – 15 peas
Salt – a tablespoon (30 grams)
Water – 4 liters (will be used in 2 doses)
1. Peel and wash the carrots and onions.
2. Cut the onion in half.
3. Cut the carrots into pieces.
4. Put a kilogram of thoroughly washed pork bones in a saucepan.
Preparation of the broth
1. Pour the bones with two liters of water.
2. Bring to a boil. Stop heating.
3. Pour water out of the pan. Remove the bones and wash.
4. Wash the pan itself too – clean the bottom and walls of the boiled protein.
5. Put the bones in a saucepan, pour two liters of water, heat over medium heat.
6. After boiling water, cook the pork bones for an hour and a half on a very low heat.
7. Put onions and carrots, cook for 20 minutes.
8. 2 bay leaves, 15 peppercorns, add a tablespoon of salt to the bone broth, cook for 10 minutes.
9. Stop heating, let the broth cool slightly under the lid.
Strain the cooled broth.
– If you use less water when cooking bone broth, then it will be rich, and therefore tasty. However, the water must cover the bones.
– Double filling of the bones can be omitted and limited only to the collection of foam that forms during cooking. But it should be taken into account: harmful substances that enter the body of the animal accumulate in the bones. Most of it goes into the first water at the beginning of the boil and is poured out with it. In addition, cooking in two waters allows you to completely get rid of protein flakes that remain in the broth, even if the foam is carefully removed.
– Boiling time for bones depends on the type and age of the animal. Beef bones are boiled for up to 5 hours, lamb up to 4 hours, poultry bone broth – 1 hour.
– The broth on which it is planned to cook the first course should not be heavily salted. The taste of the broth may change when other products are added (this often happens when cabbage soup or borscht is cooked with sour cabbage).