Boil bell pepper caviar on the stove for 30 minutes over low heat.
In a slow cooker, cook caviar from bell pepper for 30 minutes in the “Stew” mode.
How to cook bell pepper caviar
Red Bulgarian (sweet) pepper – 2 kilograms
Carrots – 3 pieces
Onion – 3 pieces
Tomatoes – 5 pieces
Sunflower oil for frying – 4 tablespoons
Chili pepper – 1 pod
Garlic – 7 cloves
Salt – 1.5 tablespoons without top
Sugar – 1 tablespoon without top
Vinegar 9% – 1 tablespoon
Fresh dill – 5 sprigs
Fresh parsley – 5 sprigs
1. Peel carrots (3 pieces) and onions (3 pieces), cut into small cubes.
2. Dill and parsley (5 branches each), peeled garlic cloves (7 pieces) finely chopped.
3. Bulgarian pepper (2 kilograms) and chili pepper (1 piece) cut in half, remove the stalk and seeds.
4. Tomatoes (5 pieces) cut in half.
5. Turn on the oven. Set the temperature to 180 degrees, after about 10 minutes the oven will be ready.
6. Prepare a deep baking sheet. Pour 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil onto a baking sheet and spread evenly over its entire surface with a cooking brush.
7. Place bell pepper, chili and tomato halves skin side down on a baking sheet.
8. Put the baking sheet on the middle level of the oven and bake for 15 minutes at a temperature of 180 degrees.
9. Holding a half of a pepper or tomato with your hand, separate the pulp from the skin with a spoon, cut the pulp into medium-sized pieces.
10. Put the pan on medium heat, pour 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil, put the onion and carrot cut into pieces in the pan, fry for 3 minutes, stir, fry for another 3 minutes.
How to cook caviar on the stove
1. Place peppers, tomatoes, onions and carrots in a saucepan.
2. Add chopped herbs, salt, sugar. To mix everything.
3. Put the pot with vegetables on medium heat, bring the vegetable mass to a boil.
4. Reduce the fire and cook the caviar for 30 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Add chopped garlic to the caviar, mix, heat for 2 minutes and remove the pan from the heat.
6. Add 1 tablespoon of 9% vinegar to the hot mass (but not boiling), mix.
7. Close the pan with a lid and let the caviar cool down.
How to cook caviar in a slow cooker
1. Put vegetables in a slow cooker, add salt, sugar, herbs and mix. Set the multicooker to the “Extinguishing” mode – 30 minutes.
2. Add garlic and vinegar, mix and immediately turn off the multicooker.
How to sterilize bell pepper jars
1. Prepare small (0.5 liter jars will do) with twist-on lids. Wash the jar thoroughly (preferably with soda, instead of detergent) and pour boiling water into each jar by 2/3 of the height. Cover with a lid, drain the water after 10 minutes, turn the jar upside down – let the water drain.
2. After 3 minutes, turn the jars over and place hot caviar in them (there should be a distance of approximately 1 centimeter between the caviar and the lid). Close with lids. It is not necessary to twist tightly at this stage, it is enough to turn it slightly so that the lid stays on the neck of the jar.
3. Place jars of bell pepper caviar in a suitable size pan. Put the pot with jars on the stove. Pour hot (this is important!) Water into the pan about 2/3 of the height of the cans.
4. Switch on the hotplate. Heat the pot with jars over medium heat for 7 minutes, and then reduce the heat. Sterilize jars with caviar for 45 minutes over low heat.
5. Leave the jars with caviar to cool for 2 hours in the saucepan where the sterilization was carried out.
6. Take out the jars (carefully, they are still quite hot!), blot with a napkin and check if the lid is tightly closed – that is, tighten the lid until it stops. Important : do not open the lid and then wrap it, namely, turn it all the way clockwise.
7. Lay a towel on the table. Turn the jars upside down and put on a towel (on the lid). Top with another towel. After 8 hours, turn the cooled cans upside down and store in a dark, cool place.
8. Canned bell pepper caviar can be stored at room temperature all winter.
For bell pepper caviar, bright-colored fleshy peppers are suitable. Tomatoes should choose varieties “Pink”, “Cream”, “Lady’s fingers”. Carrots – juicy, bright orange.
Coriander or basil greens can be added to bell pepper caviar. Hot chili peppers are replaced with black ground pepper.
For 1 liter of finished vegetable caviar, 1 teaspoon of 9% vinegar or 1 tablespoon of 6% vinegar is usually added. If there is only vinegar essence, it must first be diluted – 3 tablespoons per 1 liter of water, and take 1 tablespoon of this solution per 1 liter of finished vegetable caviar.
Acetic acid can be replaced with the same amount of lemon juice. You can do without vinegar at all – the taste of caviar will be more tender and thinner, but then the caviar will not be stored for a long time.
Zucchini and eggplant are often used as the basis for vegetable caviar, while the amount of bell pepper is reduced.
The calorie content of bell pepper caviar is about 40 kcal / 100 grams.