To prepare a Kuban salad for the winter, you need to spend 3 hours in the kitchen.
Kuban salad for the winter
For 4 liter jars
Cabbage – 1 kilogram
Large, fleshy tomatoes – 5 pieces (1 kilogram)
Cucumbers – 10 pieces (1 kilogram)
Carrots – 4 pieces (800 grams)
Sweet pepper – 5 pieces (800 grams)
Fresh chili pepper – 1 pod
Onions – 2 pieces (300 grams)
Garlic – 5 cloves
Fresh herbs (parsley, dill, basil, cilantro) – 1 large bunch
Black peppercorns – half a teaspoon
Lavrushka – 4 leaves
Vegetable oil – 200 grams
Vinegar 9% – 4 tablespoons spoons (pour a little below the rim)
Sugar – 4 tablespoons (100 grams)
Salt – 2 tablespoons (60 grams)
How to make a Kuban salad for the winter
1. Prepare a large pot where you plan to put chopped vegetables.
2. Thoroughly wash the cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, bell peppers, chili peppers, herbs, and spread on a towel to drain the water.
3. Peel carrots, onions and garlic.
4. Cut 5 bell peppers into halves and remove the stalk with the seed part, cut the fleshy part of the pepper into thin strips.
5. Release the bitter pepper from the stalk and seeds, cut into rings across the pod.
6. Chop 1 kilogram of cabbage (cut into thin strips with a knife).
7. Cut 5 tomatoes into slices 5 millimeters wide, first remove the hard light veins extending from the place where the stem is attached.
8. Cut the tomatoes into circles 5 millimeters thick 10 cucumbers.
9. Grind carrots on a coarse grater.
10. Thinly cut into half rings 2 onions.
11. Crush 5 garlic cloves with the flat side of a knife, then finely chop with a knife.
12. Wash, dry and finely chop a large bunch of fresh herbs.
13. In a saucepan with chopped vegetables, add 4 leaves of parsley, half a teaspoon of black peppercorns, four tablespoons of sugar, two tablespoons of salt and mix everything thoroughly.
14. Arrange the salad in prepared jars, add half a glass of vegetable oil to each and cover with a lid.
15. Put the jars of salad in a large saucepan and fill the remaining volume with water.
16. Heat the jars over medium heat until the water boils in the pan, then sterilize the jars over low heat for 20 minutes, preventing boiling.
17. Raise the lids on the jars and pour in 1 tablespoon of 9% vinegar.
18. Get the jars and screw on the lids. Turn the jars upside down and wrap them in a warm blanket or fur coat.
– Kuban salad is a popular appetizer, for the preparation of which any seasonal vegetables and aromatic herbs are used. Changes to the recipe are allowed – adding other vegetables, such as zucchini, or omitting ingredients that are not currently available. You can experiment with the norms of bookmarking products. Cucumbers are usually not cooked in blanks, but it is in the Kuban salad that cucumbers will be a pleasant and crispy addition.
– Tomatoes for Kuban snacks are recommended to take red, brown and green. The main thing is that the fruits are elastic (not soft).
– Kuban salad for the winter is also prepared without sterilization : boil the vegetable mixture for 15 minutes right in the pan and then arrange it in jars. Another way to prepare a Kuban salad: leave the vegetables chopped and seasoned with spices in a saucepan for 12 hours, transfer to jars, add vegetable oil, vinegar and close with plastic lids. Salads prepared without sterilization should be stored in the refrigerator.
– The salad is named after the area where high-quality vegetables grow in Russia.