Put the carrot tops in a saucepan, add water and cook after boiling for 10 minutes.
How to cook carrot tops with tomatoes for the winter
Medium-sized tomatoes – 1 kilogram
Tops of carrots – 4 pieces
Sugar – 175 grams
Salt – 60 grams
Vinegar 70% – 20 milliliters
How to pickle carrot tops with tomatoes for the winter
1. Wash the tomatoes well, dry with a towel.
2. Pour the carrot tops in a bowl with water for 5 minutes so that the garbage floats, drain the water with the trash cans.
3. Wash the carrot tops well under running water.
4. Divide the carrot tops into two parts.
5. Put a part of carrot tops on the bottom of a sterilized jar.
6. Put tomatoes on the tops, periodically placing the remains of carrot tops between them.
7. Pour the tomatoes with tops in a jar of boiling water – 1.2 liters of water per three-liter jar, set aside for 10 minutes without closing.
8. Drain the water from the can of tomatoes into the pan.
9. Place a pot of water from a jar over high heat, boil, pour it back into a jar of tomatoes for 10 minutes.
10. Drain the water from the pan again, pour in the vinegar, salt, put sugar, let the brine boil.
11. For the third time – the final one, pour tomatoes with carrot tops with brine, close with sterilized lids.
How to make carrot tops with cucumbers for the winter
Medium-sized cucumbers – 1.2 kilograms
Water – 2 liters
Sugar – 175 grams
Salt – 50 grams
Vinegar 9% – 120 milliliters
Carrot tops – 3 pieces
How to cook carrot tops with cucumbers for the winter
1. Wash cucumbers well, dry with napkins.
2. Pour the carrot tops in a bowl with cold water for 5 minutes so that the garbage floats, drain the water with the trash cans.
3. Wash the carrot tops well under running water, divide into three parts.
4. Arrange the prepared carrot tops into three sterilized 1.5 liter jars.
5. Lay the washed cucumbers tightly on the tops.
6. Pour cucumbers with tops with 2 liters of boiling water, set aside for 10 minutes.
7. Drain the water from the cucumbers into a saucepan, top up, if necessary, up to two liters of boiled water.
8. Pour vinegar into the water, put sugar, salt.
9. Place the saucepan with the brine on a high heat, boil.
10. Pour brine over cucumbers with tops, close with sterilized lids.
11. Wrap the jars with a blanket or blanket so that they cool down gradually.
– In India, carrot tops are often added fresh and dried to many dishes, very often in soups. And in Russia, carrot tops are not cooked in their pure form as a side dish, preferring to add them to soups and as a spice in preparations.
– Carrot tops are rich in vitamin C: in 100 grams of tops it is several times more than in the same amount of lemon. Especially its content in carrot tops increases by autumn. It also contains trace elements: calcium, iron, phosphorus. Like any fiber, greens improve digestion.
– Carrot tops can be put in salads, soups, chopped and sprinkled on boiled potatoes as independent greens or together with dill, oregano, parsley.