Beetroot relish takes 2 hours to cook, 1.5 hours in the kitchen.
How to make beetroot relish
Beets – 5 pieces
Red onion – 1 head
Mustard seeds – a small handful
Olive oil – 40 milliliters
Balsamic vinegar – 4 tablespoons
Sugar – 25 grams
Salt – half a teaspoon
How to cook beetroot relish
1. Wash the beetroot, dry it with a towel.
2. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
3. Put whole heads of beets on paper, lightly sprinkle with oil, balsamic vinegar.
4. Place a baking sheet with beets in an oven heated to 200 degrees, bake for 1 hour – the beets should soften.
5. Remove the beets from the oven, leave to cool.
6. Peel the cooled beets, grate coarsely.
7. Cut the onion into small cubes.
8. Pour oil into a frying pan, place over medium heat, heat until bubbles appear.
9. Pour mustard seeds into the oil, heat them until they start to crack.
10. Put the onion to the mustard seeds, fry for 5 minutes.
11. Pour vinegar into a pan with fried onions and mustard seeds, add sugar, salt, mix.
12. Put the beets to the onion-mustard mass, chop with an immersion blender, boil for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
How to make beet and tomato relish
Tomatoes – 900 grams
Beets – 900 grams
Garlic – 6 cloves
Olive oil – a quarter cup
Jalapeno or any hot chili pepper – 2 pods
Sugar – 1 cup
Red wine – a quarter cup
Apple cider vinegar – half a glass
Salt – a couple of teaspoons
Balsamic vinegar – 1 / 8 cups
Red onion – 1 onion
Mustard – 4 tablespoons
How to cook relish from beets and tomatoes
1. Wash the beets and dry them with a towel.
2. Lay baking paper on a baking sheet.
3. Place whole heads of beets on paper, drizzle with oil.
4. Place a baking sheet with beets in an oven heated to 200 degrees for 1-2 hours, until the skin of the beets begins to bubble and move away.
5. Wash the tomatoes, cut each tomato in half, cut out the place where the stalk is attached.
6. Chop the garlic in a garlic press.
7. Finely chop the hot pepper.
8. Cover a separate baking sheet with baking paper, put the tomatoes on it with the cut up.
9. Sprinkle the tomatoes with oil, put garlic and chopped pepper on top of them.
10. Place a baking sheet with tomatoes in an oven preheated to 200 degrees for 1 hour.
11. Grind the baked tomatoes through a sieve, put the pulp in a bowl, the skins will not be useful for making relish.
12. Cool the baked beets.
13. Remove the skin from the beets.
14. Grate the peeled beets on a fine grater or chop in a food processor.
15. Cut the onion into small cubes.
16. Pour vinegar, wine, sugar, mustard, onion into a saucepan with a thick bottom.
17. Place the saucepan with the vinegar mixture over medium heat, heat up, boil for 5 minutes.
18. Put spicy tomato puree in a saucepan with vinegar, cook for 3 minutes, stirring.
19. Add chopped beets to the tomato paste, mix, cook for 10 minutes.
How to make beetroot sauce
Beets – 2 medium heads
Ginger – a root 2 centimeters long
Garlic – 2 cloves
Cream (fat content 10-20%) – 100 milliliters
Dried or fresh thyme – a pinch
Milk – 150 milliliters
Olive oil – 60 milliliters
Salt – half a teaspoon
Pepper – by taste
How to cook beetroot sauce
1. Wash the beetroot, wipe it with napkins.
2. Cover the baking sheet with baking paper.
3. Put beets on paper, sprinkle with oil.
4. Place a baking sheet with beets in an oven heated to 200 degrees, hold for 60 minutes.
5. Remove the beets from the oven, set aside to cool.
6. Peel the beets, chop coarsely.
7. Peel the ginger, finely grate.
8. Chop the peeled garlic.
9. Grind pieces of beets, garlic, ginger in a blender.
10. Pour oil into a frying pan, heat until bubbles appear over medium heat.
11. Roast the thyme leaves for a few minutes, they should release their aroma.
12. Pour cream, milk into the fried thyme, let it boil.
13. Put beetroot-garlic-ginger puree in a pan with a creamy mixture, salt, pepper, mix.
14. Reduce the heat to quiet, hold on the burner for 10-15 minutes.