Rinse the meat, dip it in a 2% solution of acetic acid and soak for 2-4 hours, depending on the size of the piece. If pieces of wild boar contain large layers of fibrous connective tissue, then such meat should be dipped in cold water, brought to a boil and boiled for 2-2.5 hours. If there is little fat in the layers of pieces, start the meat already in boiling water and cook on low heat for 3-3.5 hours.
How to cook a wild boar
Young boar meat (without bones) – 1 kilogram
Carrots – 1 large
Onion – 2 large heads
Celery root – 50 grams
Parsley root – 50 grams
Lemon juice – from half a lemon
Black and allspice – 12 peas
Bay leaf – 1-2 leaves
Salt – to taste
How to cook wild boar meat
1. Rinse 1 kilogram of wild boar meat, remove the membranes and put a piece in a saucepan.
2. Peel carrots, onions and roots, cut off 50 grams from each root crop and add to the meat. Pour 2/3 of the hot water into a saucepan.
3. Add freshly squeezed lemon juice, six peas of black and allspice, parsley and salt.
4. Mix all the ingredients well and put on fire.
5. Bring the contents of the pot to a boil and cook for about 2.5 hours with the lid closed. The degree of cooking of boar meat can be determined with a knife. When the meat is ready, the knife enters freely into the piece, and a colorless liquid flows out of the puncture site.
6. Cut the boiled boar into steaks and serve immediately while hot.
How to cook boar ham
ham – 1 kilogram
Carrots – 1 piece
Onion – 1 piece
Vinegar 9% – 2 tablespoons
Thyme (thyme) – 2 branches
Black pepper – 7 peas
Bay leaf – 1 piece
Salt – 1 tablespoon
How to cook a wild boar ham
1. Rinse a kilogram of ham, cut off the film with a sharp knife and rinse thoroughly again, then soak.
2. Separate the meat piece from the bones, add salt, roll into a tube and tie with a strong thread.
3. Pour water into the pan and lower the bundle of ham into it.
4. Peel the onion and medium-sized carrots and put in a pan with wild boar meat. Add 7 black peppercorns, parsley, 2 branches of thyme, 2 tablespoons of 9% vinegar and salt.
5. Put the pan on medium heat and cook for 2.5-3 hours.
6. Cut the ham into pieces and serve with stewed horseradish, rose hip sauce or a mixture of mayonnaise and mustard.
– The meat of old wild boars , especially during the rut (November-December), has an unpleasant smell. To remove it, it is recommended to soak the pieces in a weak vinegar solution (2%) for about 3 hours. The meat of young wild boars is not in the rut period and females do not need such processing.
– The bristles on the skin can be removed in several ways – using scalding, pulling and cleaning. You can also resort to the singeing method, but after this procedure, the carcass must be washed well.
– For cooking, it is preferable to choose back hams . In cooking, they are considered the most valuable parts. For the preparation of first courses, the neck and upper middle part of the forelimbs are also used.
– Boar meat is considered dietary – 100 grams contains only 122 kilocalories.
– Boar loin without bone can be purchased at a price of 1200 rubles. The tenderloin will cost more – from 1500 rubles, data for Moscow as of June 2017.
– Boar meat is valued for its high content of phosphorus and antioxidants. Phosphorus has a beneficial effect on bones and joints, while antioxidants are responsible for blood sugar levels and slow down the aging process.
How to cook wild boar with prunes
meat (shoulder) – 1.5 kilograms
Carrots (raw) – 1 piece
Tomatoes (medium size) – 3 pieces
Onions – 500 grams (4 large onions)
Prunes – 10 pieces
Tomato paste – 1 teaspoon
Curry paste (not very spicy) – 1 tablespoon
Coriander – 1 pinch
Bay leaf – 1 piece
Peppercorns (a mixture of red, green, black and white) – 1/4 teaspoon
Rosemary – 1 pinch
Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
Salt – to taste
1. Before cooking, marinate the boar meat from the evening, to do this, rinse the meat and cut into pieces.
2. Peel three large onions and cut into large pieces.
3. Peel one carrot, cut into small pieces, combine with meat and onions in a deep container.
4. Add a quarter teaspoon of pepper mixture, a pinch of rosemary and coriander to the marinade, let it brew overnight.
How to cook wild boar meat in a saucepan
1. Peel and finely chop one large onion, then simmer for 3 minutes in a saucepan along with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
2. Put the marinated meat in a saucepan or deep saucepan, add the fried onion and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
3. Rinse three medium tomatoes, pour over with boiling water, remove the skin, grate using a grater and put in a saucepan with the meat.
4. Add a teaspoon of tomato paste, a tablespoon of curry paste to the meat being prepared, pour over the marinade and cook for another 1.5 hours.
5. Put bay leaves and washed prunes in a saucepan, simmer for about 20 minutes until the meat is soft. 6. Put the finished boar on a plate and pour over the sauce remaining from the stew.
How to cook wild boar meat in a multicooker
1. Lubricate the multicooker bowl with olive oil, place one finely chopped large onion in it and cook on the “frying” mode for 3 minutes.
2. Put the marinated meat to the onion, set the “stewing” mode for 30 minutes.
3. Add grated pulp of three tomatoes, paste (curry and tomato) and meat marinade. Simmer for 90 minutes.
4. Place the washed prunes in a slow cooker with meat, add lavrushka and cook for another 15 minutes.