The aioli sauce takes 5 minutes to prepare.
In a dish called aioli, vegetables and fish will be ready in 40 minutes, and the sauce will require about an hour of cooking. In total, it takes 2 hours to prepare aioli in the kitchen.
How to make aioli sauce
Mix the juice of half a lemon, 2 chicken egg yolks, 2-3 garlic cloves and a glass of olive oil. Season and salt, beat and leave in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
How to cook aioli
Cod fillet – half a kilo
Onions – 1 piece
Potatoes – 500 grams
Carrots – 500 grams
Green beans – 500 grams
Eggs – 6 pieces + 2 yolks
Garlic – 8-10 cloves
Salt – to taste
Olive oil – one and a half glasses
Lemon juice or vinegar – 2 teaspoons
How to cook aioli
1. Peel the onion and cut into 4 parts; Peel potatoes and cut into 2 cm cubes.
2. In a saucepan with salted boiling water, put onion quarters and potato slices, cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
3. Put the vegetables on a plate with a slotted spoon.
4. Put the carrots cut into large circles in the same broth and cook for 10 minutes, then put them on the potatoes.
5. Then boil the beans here for 6 minutes, put on a dish with vegetables.
6. Then put pieces of cod fillet into the broth, cook for no more than 7 minutes.
7. 6 hard-boiled eggs, peel, cut into halves and put also on a dish.
8. Loosely cover the dish with foil and set aside.
9. Mash garlic with salt until puree, add 2 raw egg yolks and mix until smooth.
10. Continuing to mix in one direction (clockwise or counterclockwise), add olive oil by a teaspoon.
11. When half the oil is used, add lemon juice (or vinegar).
12. Continue adding oil while stirring – now you can pour it in a little faster.
13. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
14. Serve boiled fish and vegetables with sauce, each piece is supposed to be dipped into it before the bite.
– “Aioli” (Aioli or Grand Aioli) is a full-fledged dish of boiled vegetables and fish seasoned with sauce. Also, the term “aioli” is usually used to refer to a sauce made from garlic and olive oil, which is widespread to a large extent on the northern coast of the Mediterranean. Served with boiled vegetables, fish, seafood and meat.
— Traditionally, aioli is cooked with salted cod. To rid the fish of excess salt, it is soaked in water for 16 hours, changing the water every 4 hours.
– Instead of cod, you can use fried lamb or chicken, octopus, mussels or snails.