Agliette needs 1 hour to cook. Pure time in the kitchen – half an hour.
How to cook aglietta
Ruff, sea bream, sea bass, perch or other fish – 2 medium-sized, 15-20 centimeters long (about 400 grams)
Carrots – 1 large
Onions – 1 head
Celery – 3 pods
Garlic – 5 teeth
Potatoes – 4 large
Salt – 1 tablespoon spoon
Black peppercorns – 10 pieces
How to cook aglietta
1. Clean the fish, gut it, wash it under cold water and put it in a 3-liter saucepan.
2. Fill the fish with 2 liters of cold water and put on a strong fire.
3. After boiling, reduce the heat, remove the foam and cook the fish for 15 minutes.
4. Strain the broth, return the pan to the fire.
5. Cut and gut the fish, divide the fillet into pieces with your hands and put in a saucepan.
5. Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into cubes with a side of 1.5 centimeters.
6. Peel and finely chop the onion.
7. Cut carrots into slices with a quarter of a circle 2 mm thick.
8. Peel and finely chop the garlic.
9. Peel and finely chop the celery.
10. Put the vegetables in a saucepan and cook the agliette for 10 minutes.
11. Salt and pepper the soup, mix, cook for another 5 minutes, then leave for another 10 minutes under the lid.
– There is a belief: having visited Malta, Paul the First wanted to stay – he liked the Maltese fish soup so much.
– Soup is very common among the population of Malta due to the fact that soup needs small fish – just the one that Maltese fishermen usually cannot sell.
– “Aglio” (aglio) translated from the language of neighboring Italy – “garlic”, hence the name of the soup, in which there is a lot of garlic.
– Potatoes in Malta traditionally have a sweeter taste, so it is necessary, while in Russia, to choose sweet varieties of potatoes.
– It is recommended to serve agliette to the table with fresh white bread to enhance the satiety of the soup. And to add sourness, it is recommended to add a tablespoon of lemon or lime juice to the plate with the finished agliette.
– To make the agliette the most nutritious, you can add a quarter cup of boiled rice along with vegetables.
– To remind the soup of its closeness to Italy, you can add a few chopped tomatoes to the soup along with vegetables.