To cook ajiaco, you need to spend 2 hours in the kitchen, of which 1.5 hours of cooking.
How to cook ajiaco soup
Water – 2.5 liters
Veal – 300 grams
Corn – 2 cobs
Sweet boiled potatoes – 7 medium-sized pieces
Avocado – 1 piece
Onion – 1 large head
Capers – 50 grams
Oregano – 30 grams
Dill – 20 grams
How to cook Ajiako soup
1. Place the veal in a saucepan and cover with water.
2. Put the pot with the meat on a high heat, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and remove the foam.
3. Salt the broth, put the peeled onion into it.
4. Cover the pan with a lid and cook over low heat for 1 hour.
5. Remove the meat from the broth, cool slightly, cut and return to the pan.
6. Peel and wash potatoes; Grate 2 potatoes on a coarse grater (to thicken the soup), cut the rest into cubes of 1.5-2 centimeters.
7. Put the potatoes in the broth, add the oregano.
8. Clean the corn cobs from the leaves, wash and cut into 2-3 cm circles.
9. Put the corn in the broth. 11. Wash the dill, dry and chop finely.
10. Cook ajiaco for 20 minutes.
12. Wash the avocado, peel, cut in half, separate the halves and remove the stone.
13. Cut the avocado into large slices.
14. Pour the soup into bowls, put some dill and capers in each and a handful of avocado slices.
Ajiaco is a Colombian soup based on boiled potatoes with meat and coarsely chopped corn on the cob. As meat, you can use chicken, veal, veal ribs.
– In Russian conditions, when corn is widely available only in the summer season, it is allowed to use frozen cobs or corn kernels when cooking ajiaco.
– Guasco greens are almost impossible to find in Russian stores, so it is customary to replace it with oregano.
– Ajiaco should be served with sour cream, capers, fresh chopped vegetables (avocado) and herbs.
– The name “ahiako” comes from the word “ahi” (“pepper”) of the language of South American Indians, while pepper is not added to akiako.