Boil the poached eggs in a saucepan for 3.5 minutes.
How to boil poached eggs in a pot
The easiest way
1. Boil one liter of water in a small saucepan or saucepan.
2. Change the fire to a minimum, wait until the water is barely boiling.
3. Pour a tablespoon of salt into the water.
4. Optionally, pour 50 milliliters of vinegar (apple or rice) to keep the integrity of the egg.
5. Break the egg on the edge of the pan and open the shell right above the pan, close to the water.
6. Wait 3.5 minutes.
The egg is poached when it has reached the state of a liquid bag. But if you want to hard boil a poached egg, add a couple of minutes to the boil time. Dip the poached eggs in ice water for a few seconds to stop the cooking process. Transfer to a plate and trim off the edges of the egg to give it a neat round appearance. Serve on sandwiches.
How to boil poached eggs in a plastic bag
The bag can be replaced with a food plastic food film
1. Lubricate a small plastic bag on the inside with a thin layer of melted butter.
2. Carefully break the washed egg into the bag without damaging the yolk.
3. Gather the edges of the bag and pull it with an elastic band or thread closer to the egg in order to keep its round shape as much as possible.
4. Pour water into a saucepan so that you can completely lower the egg in the bag into it.
6. Boil water in a saucepan over high heat, change to low.
7. Lower the plastic bag with the egg into barely boiling water, but do not let go of it from your hands, but hold it so that the egg does not touch the bottom.
8. Cook the egg for 4 minutes 20 seconds.
How to cook poached eggs in a poacher
1. Lubricate the arable trough with a thin layer of melted butter.
2. Carefully break the washed egg into the poacher without damaging the yolk.
3. Pour water into a saucepan so that the egg can be completely lowered into it in the arable trough.
4. Boil water in a saucepan over high heat, reduce to low, wait until the water barely boils.
5. Lower the plow pot into barely boiling water, boil the egg for 3.5 minutes.
How to boil poached eggs in a parchment pocket
1. Spread a sheet of parchment 20 by 20 centimeters on one side with melted butter.
2. Place the leaf in a shallow bowl with the greased side up, pushing the leaf slightly into the bowl.
3. Carefully break the washed egg into the recess from the parchment sheet without damaging the yolk.
4. Collect the edges of the parchment, fasten with a stapler or a strong elastic band.
5. Pour water into a saucepan so that you can completely lower the egg in the bag into it.
6. Boil water in a saucepan over high heat, reduce to low, wait until the water barely boils.
5. Put the resulting parchment bag with an egg in barely boiling water for 3.5 minutes.
6. Remove the pocket with the egg from the water, open, remove the egg.
Low temperature method of how to cook poached eggs using sous vide technology
1. Pour water into a special device for cooking using the sous vide method or into a saucepan, it should completely cover the egg.
2. Bring the water to a temperature of 64 degrees, in the case of cooking in a saucepan, determine the temperature with a kitchen thermometer.
3. Dip the washed egg in the shell into the water in the appliance or pan, maintaining the temperature at 64 degrees. 4. Remove the egg from the water after 50 minutes.
5. Before serving, peel the poached egg from the shell or leave it in the shell, dip it in cold water, and store it in the refrigerator for several days.
How to cook poached eggs in foil
1. Prepare a piece of cling film 20 by 20 centimeters for one egg.
2. Grease the film on one side with melted butter or olive oil.
3. Put the film in the bowl with the greased side up.
4. Break the washed egg into the recess in the film without damaging the yolk, if desired, salt to taste.
5. Carefully gather the ends of the film with your hands, tie them in a knot or pull them with a thread closer to the egg.
6. Pour water into the pan so that you can completely lower the egg bag into it.
7. Boil the water, reduce the heat to a minimum so that the water barely boils.
8. Dip an egg in a bag into barely boiling water, cook for 4.5 minutes.
9. Remove the bag with the finished egg from the water, remove the film, put the egg on a dish, sprinkle with herbs.
How to cook poached eggs in the microwave
1. Pour 300-400 milliliters of water into a heat-resistant dish.
2. Pour a few drops of rice vinegar into the water, stir.
3. Gently break the egg into a separate cup without damaging the yolk.
4. Pour the egg into a bowl of water and vinegar.
5. Turn on the microwave for 2-3 minutes, stopping the cooking process every 30 seconds to determine the degree of cooking of the egg.
6. When the protein turns white, the poached egg is ready, remove it from the water with a slotted spoon.