Boil hard-boiled eggs on the stove for 10 minutes after boiling water.
Boil hard-boiled eggs in a slow cooker in water for 12 minutes , for a couple – 18 minutes in the “Steam cooking” mode.
How to boil hard boiled eggs
Eggs – 5 pieces
Water – 1 liter
Salt – 1 tablespoon
How to cook hard boiled
- Put 5 eggs in a saucepan and pour 1 liter of cold water (the eggs should be completely covered with water), add 1 tablespoon of salt. If the saucepan is small in diameter, 1-2 cups of water will be enough.
- Place the saucepan with the eggs over medium heat and bring the water to a boil.
- After the water boils, boil the eggs for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cooked hot eggs with a slotted spoon from boiling water, transfer to a deep bowl, pour over with cold water. Fill a bowl with cold water and leave the eggs in it for 2 minutes.
- Remove eggs from water and pat dry with paper towels.
Boiling hard-boiled eggs in a multicooker
1. Put 5 eggs into the multicooker bowl, pour in water, which should be 1 centimeter higher than the eggs, boil the eggs for 12 minutes in the “Steam” mode.
2. Ready, still hot eggs, put in a deep bowl and pour cold water.
Hard-boiled eggs in a multicooker can be steamed, for this, pour water into the multicooker bowl, and place the eggs in a special container for steaming. Cook for 15 minutes on the “Steam” mode.
– Wash eggs before boiling to get rid of germs, including salmonella bacteria.
– Salt can be added during cooking (but not necessary) so that the eggs do not crack.
– Ready hot eggs are usually placed in cold water , because of the temperature difference, the shell is covered with microcracks and the eggs are easier to clean.
– Hard-boiled eggs can also be dipped in boiling water . So that they do not burst, first prick each egg with a needle from the blunt end or hold it for 5 minutes in hot water (without heating) before cooking.
– A properly cooked hard-boiled egg has a uniform white consistency and an even yellow yolk. If the egg is overcooked, the protein will become too hard, “rubber”, the surface of the yolk will become green, and the egg itself will lose its aroma and taste.
– Boiling time depends on the size of the eggs . The average egg (category 1) that the recipe focuses on weighs about 55 grams. The cooking time for category 2 eggs should be reduced by 1 minute, and if the egg is selected (large) – increased by 1 minute.
– Calorie content of 1 hard boiled egg – 80 kcal / 100 grams.