It takes 1.5 hours to prepare compote from apples and chokeberries.
How to cook compote from apples and chokeberries
Apples – 1 kilogram
Chokeberry – 400 grams
Sugar – 700 grams
Water – 6 liters
1. Wash 400 grams of rowan berries and put them in a colander to drain the water.
2. Separate the berries from the branches.
3. Wash 1 kg of apples, remove the cores and cut the apples into about 10 slices.
4. On medium heat, stirring, bring 6 liters of water and 700 grams of sugar to a boil.
How to cook compote
1. Place the apples in a small bowl and pour boiling water over it for 3 minutes.
2. Drain the water.
3. Transfer the apples to jars prepared for seaming, pour mountain ash on top so that half of the jar is occupied by apples and mountain ash.
4. Fill jars with hot sugar solution.
5. Immediately roll up the banks.
– Chokeberry is best combined with sweet and sour varieties of apples, as the sourness of apples sets off the bitterness of mountain ash.
– When cooking compote for aroma and giving a spicy taste, you can add a pinch of cinnamon, vanilla, cloves.
– Calorie compote from apples and chokeberry – 93 kcal / 100 grams.