You can pickle mushrooms either with table vinegar – then it will take 10 days to pickle, or without table vinegar, but with the addition of balsamic or apple – then it will take 2 weeks to pickle mushrooms.
How to pickle mushrooms
What you need for marinating honey mushrooms
For 1 liter of water
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 tablespoon of salt
Spices: 2-3 cloves, 3 bay leaves, 10 peas of allspice and black pepper, half a teaspoon of cinnamon, 2 garlic cloves
7 tablespoons of vinegar 9% and a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
1. Sort mushrooms, clean from leaves and twigs, and rinse.
2. Soak mushrooms in cold water (so that the water completely covers the mushrooms) for 2 hours.
3. Wash mushrooms.
4. Put mushrooms in a saucepan, pour water, add salt (for each liter of water – a tablespoon of salt), cook for 1 hour after boiling water, removing the foam.
5. Rinse mushrooms under cold water.
1. In a saucepan, put the marinade on the fire: mixed water, vinegar, salt, sugar and spices.
2. When the marinade boils, add mushrooms, cook for 20 minutes.
3. Arrange the mushrooms in jars, cool, store in a cool, dry place.
4. A mushroom harvest will be pickled after 10 days.
What mushrooms to use for pickling?
Ideally, use small mushrooms. Large mushrooms are more suitable for drying, but if they must be marinated, it is better to cut them before cooking.
In what pots to cook mushrooms for pickling?
For cooking mushrooms, it is necessary to use enameled or steel pans.
In which jars to pickle mushrooms?
For pickling mushrooms, small jars are most suitable to open a jar and immediately eat all the mushrooms from the jar for food, because the shelf life of open mushrooms is only a couple of weeks.
In what ratio should I take mushrooms and marinade?
First, fill the jar with mushrooms to the brim and only then add the marinade.
In what ratio to take products for marinade and mushrooms
For 1 kilogram of mushrooms, it is necessary to provide 1 liter of marinade. From 1 kilogram of fresh mushrooms, you get a volume of 1 liter of pickled mushrooms.
How to use spices for pickling mushrooms?
For convenience, spices can first be tied in a linen bag and lowered into a saucepan. At the end of the preparation of pickled mushrooms, it will be enough just to remove the bag – then, by the way, hard spices will definitely not come across in the finished dish.
How to pickle mushrooms with balsamic vinegar
Pickling products with balsamic vinegar
per 1 liter of water
Salt – 1 heaping tablespoon
Sugar – 2
heaping tablespoons Cloves, parsley, peppercorns, cinnamon, fresh lingonberry leaves – 200 milliliters
Balsamic vinegar – 200 milliliters
How to pickle mushrooms with balsamic vinegar
1. Pour the mushrooms with cold water.
2. One by one, choosing honey mushrooms from the water, each clear of leaves and debris.
3. Pour honey mushrooms with water and leave for 2 hours so that all forest debris and sand are gone.
4. Put mushrooms in a saucepan, pour fresh water and put on fire.
5. Bring to a boil, salt, add spices and cook the mushrooms for 20 minutes after boiling, removing the foam with a spoon or slotted spoon.
6. Pour 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar into the pan, stir and bring to a boil again.
7. Pour in the remaining vinegar and cook for another 20 minutes.
8. Stir vigorously and cool the boiled mushrooms a little. 10. Screw the pickled mushrooms with lids, cool and store for the winter.
9. Pour the boiled mushrooms into hot sterilized jars, pour over the marinade.
Honey mushrooms with apple cider vinegar
Products for pickling mushrooms with apple cider vinegar
for 0.5 liters of water
Honey mushrooms – 1 kilogram
Salt – 2 tablespoons with a slide
Sugar – 1 tablespoon
Apple cider vinegar 5% – half a glass
Lavrushka – 3 leaves
Garlic – 4 teeth
Ground black pepper – 1 teaspoon a spoon without a slide
Ground cinnamon – half a teaspoon
How to cook mushrooms with apple cider vinegar
1. Process mushrooms – pour cold water for 2 hours, then peel and rinse.
2. Pour honey mushrooms with fresh water, put on fire and cook for 30 minutes, removing foam.
3. Put mushrooms in a sieve to drain excess water.
4. Pour half a liter of water into the pan, put the parsley, peeled garlic, pepper, cinnamon, salt and sugar.
5. Put the pot with the marinade on the fire and boil.
6. Put the mushrooms in the marinade, cook in the marinade for 15 minutes.
7. 1 minute before turning off, pour in all the apple cider vinegar, cook after boiling for 1 minute with constant stirring so that the vinegar disperses over the marinade.
8. Arrange the mushrooms in jars with a slotted spoon and pour over the marinade.
Mushrooms cooked with apple cider vinegar will be ready in 2 weeks.