Boil yogurt soup for 20-25 minutes.
How to cook yogurt soup
Yogurt yogurt (or other non-sweet white yogurt) – a third of a glass
Egg – 1 piece
Flour – 90 grams
Rice – a third of a glass
Butter – a small cube
Vegetable oil – 20 milliliters
Dried mint – a medium handful
Salt – to taste
How to make yogurt soup
1. Wash rice.
2. Pour 200 milliliters of water into a saucepan without an enamel coating, put salt – a third of a teaspoon, add rice.
3. Place the pot of rice on a quiet fire, keep on the stove from the beginning of the boil for 10 minutes, until half cooked.
4. Wash the egg, break it into a separate saucepan for soup.
5. Put yogurt, flour in a saucepan with an egg, mix well with a spoon.
6. Pour 1 liter of water into the egg-yogurt mixture, mix well.
7. Put semi-cooked rice in a saucepan with yogurt mixture, mix.
8. Place a saucepan with yogurt mixture on a high heat, pour in vegetable oil, wait for it to boil.
9. Put a cube of butter, reduce heat to low, cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
10. Salt the yogurt soup, keep on the stove for another three minutes.
11. Sprinkle mint over ready-made yogurt soup in bowls.
– Yoghurt soup should be salted at the end of cooking so that the yogurt does not curdle. For the same reason, the soup does not need to be covered with a lid when cooking.
– Instead of rice, you can put wheat, barley, bulgur, beans or chickpeas, vermicelli, pasta in yoghurt soup. Pasta should be put less than cereals, as they swell more.
– To make yogurt soup even more satisfying, you can cook it in meat broth. For flavor in this soup, you can put red hot peppers.
– In Turkey, a type of yogurt soup called Yayla krutko is common. According to the traditional recipe, Yayla yogurt is added to this soup and mint and red pepper, pre-fried in butter, are added.
– Another type of yogurt soup is Spas or Tanov Apur. Instead of rice, dzavar is put in it – cereals obtained from slightly boiled, and after dried, peeled wheat grains. Sour cream and fried onions are also added to this soup.