Stew vegetable stew, depending on the vegetables included in the stew – from 40 minutes to 1 hour.
Summer vegetable stew
Potatoes – 6 pieces
Zucchini – 2 medium
Eggplants – 2 medium
Bulgarian pepper multi-colored – 3 pieces
Tomatoes – 1 large
Carrot – 1 large
Onion – 2 heads
Flour – tablespoon
Black pepper and salt – to taste
Parsley and dill – 20 grams
Vegetable oil – 3 tablespoons
Sugar – a teaspoon
How to stew summer vegetable stew
1. Peel eggplants and potatoes, cut into cubes.
2. Heat up the pan, pour vegetable oil.
3. Put potatoes and eggplant, fry for 10 minutes.
4. Heat up the second frying pan, heat it up, pour in the oil.
5. Peel the zucchini, cut into cubes with a side of 1.5 centimeters.
6. Put the zucchini in a pan, sprinkle with flour, fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Peel and cut the onion into half rings, add to the zucchini.
8. Peel and cut the carrots into rings, add to the onion and zucchini, fry for 5 minutes.
9. Add eggplant and zucchini.
10. Wash, remove seeds and stalk, and chop the bell pepper.
11. Scald the tomato, peel, cut into cubes and add to the stew.
12. Add black pepper and salt, sugar.
13. Chop greens.
14. Stew the stew under the lid for 15 minutes, serve sprinkled with herbs.
Winter vegetable stew
Potato – 5 pieces
White cabbage – 300 grams
Bulgarian pepper – 1 large
Carrot – 2 pieces
Onion – 1 large onion
Tomato paste – 2 tablespoons
Garlic – 4 cloves
Vegetable oil – 4 tablespoons
Dried dill – 2 teaspoons
Water – half a glass
Salt and pepper – to taste
How to stew winter vegetable stew
1. Put the pan on medium heat.
2. While the pan is heating, peel the onion and chop finely.
3. Pour oil into a heated frying pan and put onions.
4. While the onions are fried, peel and chop the carrots and garlic; put on the bow.
5. Fry for 5 minutes, at this time peel and chop the potatoes; fry for 7 minutes, pour in half a glass of water and wait for it to boil.
6. Add bell pepper, simmer for another 10 minutes under the lid.
7. Add tomato paste, dried dill, salt and pepper, mix well.
8. Stew the stew for another 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are fully cooked.
Spring stew of frozen vegetables
Frozen Brussels sprouts (preferably small) – 400 grams
Frozen pumpkin – 150 grams
Canned corn – 200 grams
Frozen peas – 200 grams
Bulgarian pepper – 1 piece
Carrot – 1 large
Onion – 1 head
Vegetable oil – 50 milliliters
Dill and parsley – to taste
How to stew vegetable stew in spring
1. Defrost Brussels sprouts and cut each head in half. 2. Defrost pumpkin. 3. Peel the carrots and cut into half rings. 4. Peel and chop the onion, peel the bell pepper from seeds and stalk, and chop finely. 5. Put Brussels sprouts in a saucepan, pour a small amount of water, salt and cook for 7 minutes after boiling; then drain the water.
6. Heat up a frying pan, pour oil, put onions, after 5 minutes of frying, carrots and corn juice, then at the same intervals – green peas, bell peppers, corn and Brussels sprouts.
7. Salt and season the stew, simmer for 10-12 minutes until the Brussels sprouts are fully cooked.
Vegetable stew and seasons
As a rule, stew is cooked from seasonal vegetables. For example, in winter and spring – from potatoes, onions, carrots, cabbage, with the addition of tomato paste and a small amount of bell pepper for a summer flavor. In summer, you can add zucchini, eggplant, peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, tomatoes to vegetable stew – all those vegetables that become more affordable for purchase with the onset of summer. In winter, you can add dried or frozen greens to the stew, in summer, pour directly into the plates with stew – the most useful – fresh. In autumn, pumpkin, celery, bell pepper, eggplant are added to the stew.
The sequence of adding vegetables to the stew
1. First, the roast is prepared – onions and carrots.
2. After the onions and carrots become rosy, potatoes are placed.
3. After 5 minutes of stewing potatoes, cabbage (and white cabbage, broccoli, and cauliflower) and pumpkin are added. Both cabbage and squash can be young or very hard, so make sure they are half done before adding the next vegetables.
4. After 20 minutes of stewing, zucchini, eggplant, bell pepper, celery are added to the stew – they are least cooked.
Taste and nutritional value of vegetable stew
Vegetable stew can be stewed in meat broth, add a little sour cream at the end of the stew. Piquancy to vegetable stew will add lemon juice at the beginning of stewing.
The addition of green peas, pickled carrots and / or canned corn will give an additional piquancy to the taste of the stew. The addition of mushrooms will add satiety and completeness to the dish.
Vegetable stew for a child
To prepare a vegetable stew for a child, it is necessary to stew the dish until all the vegetables are fully cooked, it is advisable not to add tomato paste because of the possible content of vinegar in it. After stewing, depending on the preferences of the child, the stew can be chopped with a blender and slightly diluted with warm broth.
Freezing vegetable stew
Use only vegetables that are hard to find in the store to freeze. For example, there is no point in freezing onions and carrots, because. they are inexpensive in stores all year round. To freeze vegetables, peel, cut into cubes and put in plastic bags. Then store in the freezer.