Defrost salmon steak, remove bones, scales and skin. Salt the fish and pepper with black or white pepper. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the steak from 2 sides until golden brown 2 – 5 minutes (strongly depends on the thickness of the piece). If you fry salmon with the skin on, then you don’t need to fry on this side so that it doesn’t stick to the pan. After frying, leave the fish for a few minutes so that the heat penetrates the center.
How to fry salmon
An easy way
Frozen salmon – steaks or slices with a total weight of 0.5 kilos
Lemon – half
Garlic – 2 cloves
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Ground black pepper – a pinch
Rosemary – 2 sprigs
Olive oil – 3 tablespoons
How to fry salmon in a pan
1. Salmon thaw, remove bones and scales, the skin from the salmon can be removed, but you can leave it (to taste).
2. If a large piece of salmon is taken, then cut it into pieces 2-2.5 centimeters thick, rinse each piece and pat dry with a paper towel.
3. Marinate the steaks for half an hour in this mixture: salt, lemon juice, chopped garlic, black pepper, chopped rosemary leaves.
4. Heat up the frying pan, pour in the olive oil and lay out the pieces of salmon.
5. On medium heat without a lid, fry the salmon pieces for 5 minutes on each side.
6. Then cover the frying pan with a lid, simmer for another 2-5 minutes, depending on the size of the pieces.
How to fry salmon steaks in sour cream
The difficult way
Salmon fish steaks – 4 pieces 2-3 centimeters wide
Lemon – 1 piece
Provence herbs – half a teaspoon
Sour cream – 2 tablespoons
Soy sauce – 1 tablespoon
Curry – half a teaspoon
Olive oil – 3 tablespoons
Salt – a teaspoon
How to fry salmon steaks in a pan
1. Defrost salmon steaks, wash and dry.
2. Prepare marinade: lemon juice of 1 lemon, half a teaspoon of Provence or Italian herbs, 3 tablespoons of olive oil and salt.
3. Lubricate each salmon steak with marinade, place in a container and refrigerate for half an hour, then turn the steaks over and marinate for another half an hour.
4. Fry the steaks in a pan: heat the pan, pour in and heat the olive oil.
5. Put the steaks and fry over high heat for 1 minute on each side.
6. Sauce for salmon steaks: mix 2 tablespoons of sour cream, a spoonful of soy sauce and half a teaspoon of curry.
7. Reduce the heat to medium, put the sour cream sauce on top of the steaks and cook for 2 minutes.
8. Cook for 2 more minutes.
9. Serve salmon with sour cream sauce.
Fun facts about fried salmon
About salmon for frying
In Russia, salmon is supplied mainly in the form of frozen steaks. At the same time, the pieces cut across the carcass are considered the most delicious. In the longitudinal pieces, as a rule, bones and a ridge fall – they can be used for salting, but when frying, such pieces turn out to be a bit dry. You can use whole fish for frying with pre-processing, which will be cheaper than buying steaks, but such fish will definitely be unpeeled and most likely large: storing 5-6 kilograms of frozen fish can be inconvenient. Salting fish can partially solve the problem: salted salmon can be stored without freezing, and slightly salted salmon can even be fried (after all, in fact, this is a well-marinated fish).
About cleaning salmon steaks
When preparing steaks for frying, the scales must be cleaned off. At the same time, it is better to touch the skin minimally: it is the skin that will help ensure that the steak retains the correct shape. If removing the skin from an already cut steak seems inconvenient, keep in mind: it is much easier to remove the skin from a cooked steak.
About spices for salmon
Salmon is considered a delicacy, and it is recommended to enjoy its taste with the addition of minimal spices. The taste of fish is very susceptible to spices, and if you overdo it with spices, the flavor bouquet of salmon simply will not open. Since portioned pieces of salmon are quite thick, it is recommended that they be kept in salt for at least half an hour so that the finished dish inside is not bland.
Readiness of fried salmon
From above and along the side faces, a piece of fried salmon should be pink.
Shelf life of fried salmon
Fried salmon can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days.
The calorie content of fried salmon
is 197.1 kcal / 100 grams.
The benefits of salmon
Omega-3 fatty acids contained in salmon rejuvenate the body, lower cholesterol levels, support metabolism and regulate weight. Eating salmon improves heart function, cleanses blood vessels and helps the body fight atherosclerosis.
Vitamins A, B, D, PP, C, E, contained in salmon, maintain the necessary balance of vitamins in the body and contribute to longevity.
Trace elements: Iron, potassium, fluorine, iodine, calcium, magnesium and others rejuvenate and protect cells from aging.
Cream sauce for fried salmon
Products per 700 grams
Cream – 400 ml (fat content 20%)
Flour – 3 tbsp. spoons
Butter 10 grams
Greens (cilantro, parsley or dill)
Salt and pepper – to taste
Melt butter in a frying pan, add flour, grind it in oil until a mushy state. Slowly pour in the cream, stirring constantly until the consistency of sour cream or cream is obtained. Add finely chopped herbs, salt, pepper.
Before serving, pour the sauce on top of the fish, or serve it separately in a hot gravy boat.
Quick marinade for salmon
Products per 400 grams
Olive oil – 5 tablespoons
Salt and sugar – half a teaspoon each
Oregano – half a teaspoon
Lemon – half a teaspoon
Add the juice of half a lemon to olive oil, half a teaspoon of oregano, salt and sugar. Mix everything and add to the bowl with the fish. Gently distribute the marinade, lightly rub it into the fish. Cover salmon, refrigerate for 30 minutes.