Onion, peeled, cut into rings or finely. Heat the pan, pour sunflower or olive oil, fry over medium heat without a lid for 5 minutes until golden brown, stirring constantly.
How to fry an onion
For soup or as a stir-fry to a vegetable side dish, it is often necessary to fry the onion until golden brown. It’s very simple: peel the onion, cut off the rhizome and cut into cubes or half rings.
Pour a couple of tablespoons of oil into a frying pan for 1 onion, heat it for a couple of minutes and throw the onion. You need to fry over high heat so that when frying, sizzling is heard. By the time of 5 minutes. If there is a lot of onion, fry until the whole thing becomes ruddy, another 3-4 minutes. Stir every 20-30 seconds.
Important! The expression “to a golden color” should not be taken literally – it means golden blush, not golden metallic.
How to fry onion fries
Cut 2 large onions into half rings, mix with flour in the proportion of 1 onion / 1 tablespoon of flour, mix together with salt and pepper (it is convenient to shake in a container or bag). After 10 minutes, the onion will give juice, mix again.
Pour 1 centimeter of oil into the pan, wait for it to heat up, put the onion and fry it until golden brown and crispy. If you need to fry a lot of french fries, fry in several portions with a little oil.
After frying, put the onion on a large napkin so that the glass oil and the onion cool and dry.
Ready onions can be served as an independent snack, or as an addition to other dishes.
How to fry onion rings in batter
Onions – 3 pieces (the more the better)
Chicken eggs – 2 pieces Thick sour
cream – 1 tablespoon
Flour – 1 cup
Lemon – half
Vegetable oil – half a cup
Beer – a quarter cup
How to fry onion rings in batter
1. Peel and cut into rings (about 7 millimeters thick), put in a bowl and squeeze lemon juice on top.
2. Beat egg whites, salt and pepper, add flour, sour cream, beer – and beat well with a whisk. You should get a mushy mixture.
3. Dip onion rings in flour, then in batter, and fry in a preheated pan, poured with oil, until golden brown in a large amount of oil. When frying, onion rings should not touch each other.
4. Fry the onion rings for 2 minutes.
Put the finished onion rings on paper to remove excess oil – and serve as soon as possible with beer. Fried onion rings are ideal when served hot.
How to fry potatoes with onions
Onion – 1 medium onion head
Potato – 3 large potatoes
Sunflower oil – 3 tablespoons
Salt and pepper – to taste
Recipe for frying potatoes with onions
Peel potatoes and cut into cubes. Peel and wash the onion, chop finely. Heat the frying pan, pour in the oil. Then 2 options:
1) first add the onion, sauté for 5 minutes, stirring, until golden brown. Then add potatoes, fry for 15-20 minutes over medium heat.
2) first add the potatoes, mix, fry for 20 minutes, then 5 minutes with the added onion.
If you put the onion in oil and immediately salt it, it will not fry, but will release the juice and soften. Often this is necessary when stewing dishes.
How to cut onions without crying
There are several well-known ways to cut onions without tears of varying degrees of confusion (as they increase):
1. Put the onion in a transparent inflated plastic bag (take a larger bag), stick a knife (small) in there and cut the onion inside the bag.
2. Blow off phytoncides with a fan.
3. Pour boiling water over the onion.
4. Turn on a gas stove next to you or put a burning candle – in this case, phytoncides are burned under the influence of high temperature.
5. Every 10 seconds, wet the onion and knife with cold water.
6. Goggles for swimming (wear as usual), as a last resort, regular or sunglasses. In the latter case, it is recommended to ensure that there is enough light in the kitchen. Breathe through your mouth.
7. Take boiled chilled water into your mouth while cutting.
8. Ask someone to wave the fan.