Cook hedgehogs for about 1 hour.
How to cook hedgehogs
Minced meat – 300 grams
Rice – 120 grams or ½ of the usual 300 ml cup
Onions – 1 medium
Carrots – 1 medium
Eggs – 1 piece
Tomato paste – 4 tablespoons
Salt, pepper to taste
- Put the rice to cook on a low fire, fill it with the 1st cup of water and cover with a lid. Boil 10 minutes after boiling.
- Peel the vegetables from the skin and rinse under running water.
- Cut half of the onion into strips, and chop the carrots with a grater.
- Sauté the vegetables in a little oil until the vegetables begin to turn golden.
- Add the tomato paste to the vegetables, stir and fry for a few more minutes until the tomato paste changes color.
- After 10 minutes of cooking, put the rice on a sieve and rinse a little under cool water.
- Cut the other half of the onion into small cubes.
- Put rice, onion, minced meat in one bowl. Add salt and pepper to them to taste and mix well.
- Heat water in a kettle, pour into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Separate small pieces from the resulting mass, form neat balls and lower into boiling water.
- After laying out the first layer of hedgehogs, wait until they turn gray, and then lay out the next layer.
- When all the minced meat with gray hedgehogs boils in a saucepan, add frying to the broth and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
This option for cooking hedgehogs is distinguished by its dietary content and speed of preparation. Classic hedgehogs are formed into large meatballs and stewed in a small amount of sauce alternately on different barrels.
Rice for cooking hedgehogs should be used round and medium grain. Rice of these varieties contains more starch and sticks the minced meat better during cooking – therefore, it can be washed only 1-2 times before cooking, and not 6-7, as for cooking a side dish.