Drop the chestnuts into boiling water and cook for 10 minutes. Serve boiled chestnuts with butter.
How to cook chestnuts
You will need – chestnuts, water
1. Wash chestnuts under water.
2. If the chestnuts are small, put each one on a cutting board and cut the peel crosswise so that the peel does not interfere with the cooking of the nut.
3. Check the chestnuts for readiness: lay out 1 chestnut and pierce it with a knife. If it pierces easily, then the chestnut is ready.
4. After cooking, drain the water, cool the chestnuts slightly.
5. Peel boiled chestnuts: cut crosswise, then pry each cut with a knife and pull off the peel.
How to cook chestnut soup
Fresh forest mushrooms – 1 kilogram
Chestnuts – 200 grams
Water – 400 grams
Milk 1.5% – 250 milliliters
Grated nutmeg – 1/3 teaspoon Ground
cinnamon – 1/3 teaspoon
Parsley – half a bunch
Salt and pepper – to taste
How to cook chestnut soup
Peel, wash and cut the mushrooms into cubes, put the mushrooms in a saucepan, add spices, water and milk. Cook for 30 minutes. In a separate pan, boil and peel the chestnuts. Put the mushrooms out of the pan, rub with chestnuts, chop with a blender. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour the soup into bowls, sprinkle with chopped parsley.
– If you bought frozen chestnuts, you should cook them like this: put them in boiling water and cook for 5 minutes after boiling.
– Serve the chestnuts in a peeled form as an appetizer with sauce or a side dish for meat. Boiled chestnuts can be mashed by adding milk and butter – similar to mashed potatoes . By the way, chestnuts taste like potatoes and also contain a lot of starch. If chestnuts are boiled in sweet syrup or served with sweet sauce, you get an original and very healthy dessert.
– You can store raw chestnuts for six months to a year. Boiled chestnuts cannot be stored: in a day they will become viscous and viscous.
– 2 types of chestnuts are common – the European “noble” sowing chestnut, the fruits of which are edible and very healthy, this chestnut grows in Asia and in the South of Russia and Europe. Horse chestnut – with a prickly skin, such adorns many Russian cities – is not suitable for consumption in any form due to the high content of tannins.
– The name of the chestnut in English is chestnut, which means “chest nut”, which means the need to definitely have it in large quantities. Indeed, in the countries where the chestnut grows, flour, cereals, bread are made from it, boiled and fried.
– Calorie chestnut – 166 kcal / 100 grams.
– When choosing chestnuts, pay attention to their size: large chestnuts are fleshier and more advantageous in terms of nut / peel. You can find the most mature chestnuts in September-October. Also check if they are trying to sell you a horse chestnut. The noble chestnut has a thin tip, it will not be round but flattened on one side, since there are 3-4 nuts in the “bulb” of the fruit of the noble chestnut. But the horse chestnut is round on all sides.
How to cook chestnut rice soup
Rice – 1 cup
Chestnuts – 250 grams
Butter – 1 tablespoon
Fontina Val d’Aosta cheese – 100 grams
Ground cinnamon – on the tip of a knife
Water – 1 liter
Salt – to taste
chestnuts with cold water and put away overnight. Put the chestnuts in a saucepan with warm salted water, cook for 1.5 hours over low heat. Add rice and cook for 20 minutes. Add butter, salt, cheese and cinnamon. Mix well.