Lagman simmer for 1 hour. Total lagman cook 1.5 hours.
Beef – 500 grams
Onions – 2 heads
Sweet peppers – 2 pieces
Carrots – 4 pieces
Green onions – for 3 tablespoons
Potatoes – 2 large potatoes
Tomato – 1 large
Tomato paste – 4 tablespoons
Salt, ground black pepper – to taste
Vegetable oil – 3 tablespoons
How to cook beef lagman
1. Wash the meat, dry it, cut into cubes 2 cm thick.
2. Peel onions and carrots, peel peppers from seeds and stalk.
3. Cut the onion into half rings, grate the carrots on a coarse grater, cut the pepper into chips.
4. Cut the tomato into cubes.
5. Peel and chop the garlic with a garlic press.
6. Wash and chop the onion.
7. Heat a deep frying pan, pour oil, put the meat and fry for 10 minutes.
8. Add onion, fry for 5 minutes.
9. Add carrots and peppers, simmer for 10 minutes.
10. Put potatoes, garlic and tomato paste, salt and pepper.
11. Pour half a cup of boiling water into the pan.
12. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
13. Put the tomatoes in the pan, simmer for another 30 minutes, 5 minutes of which add chopped green onions.
Serve lagman on boiled pasta or homemade noodles.
– Lagman is served both as a first and a second dish.
– In the traditional Uzbek recipe for lagman , lamb meat is used , since mutton fishing is well developed in Uzbekistan. Lamb meat for lagman should be young, then the dish will turn out fragrant and juicy. For lagman, meat from any part of the animal is suitable, but there must be a small layer of fat. You can also use beef for lagman – this meat is often found in lagman recipes from other nationalities.
– How to make noodles for lagman at home:
1. Knead an elastic dough from water, butter, eggs and flour – for 5 cups of flour you will need 200 milliliters of butter, 4 eggs.
2. Leave the dough to stand for two hours under a towel.
3. Knead the dough with your hands for 15 minutes.
4. Lubricate the dough with oil, roll it into a long tourniquet 3-4 centimeters thick, roll it into a karalka, cover with a basin, leave for 30 minutes.
5. Cut the tourniquet into pieces 3 centimeters long, roll each into small bundles 15-20 centimeters long.
6. Lubricate each flagellum with oil, cover with a basin, set aside for 30 minutes.
7. Pull each tourniquet again: press one end of the flagellum with your finger to the surface, pull it off the other end to increase the length by 5 centimeters.
8. Re-lubricate each flagellum with oil, cover with a basin, leave for 30 minutes.
9. Stretch each flagellum again: take it from both ends and twist it slightly in the air, periodically hitting the table.
10. When the length of the flagellum reaches a length of a meter, throw the loop to the other side of the palm, continue to stretch.
11. It is important to follow the technology – twisting, shaking, hitting, pulling, so you can stretch the noodles for several meters.
12. Boil the finished noodles in salted water for 3-5 minutes.
– The noodles left after cooking the lagman can be frozen in the refrigerator for the next cooking.