It takes an hour and a half to marinate quince.
How to pickle quince
Quince – 1 kilogram
Bulgarian pepper – 4 pieces
Water – 1 liter
Sugar – 300 grams
Salt – 50 grams
Citric acid – 2 teaspoons
Cloves – 2 pieces
Bay leaf – 4 pieces
Allspice – 8 peas
Cinnamon – 1 pinch
1. Wash and wipe dry 1 kg of quince so that its surface becomes smooth.
2. Cut each quince and remove the core.
3. Quince cut into slices 3-4 centimeters wide.
4. Wash 4 bell peppers.
5. Pepper cut and peeled from seeds and stalk.
6. Cut the pepper into 4 parts.
7. Pour 1 liter of water into a separate container and add 300 grams of sugar, 50 grams of salt, 2 teaspoons of citric acid, 4 bay leaves, 8 peppercorns, 1 pinch of cinnamon.
8. Bring the marinade to a boil.
How to marinate quince with pepper
1. Combine chopped pepper with quince and place them in prepared jars.
2. Pour boiling water over the jars and let it brew for 10 minutes.
3. After 10 minutes, drain the boiling water through a sieve, pour fresh boiling water over it and insist again for 10 minutes; then drain the water completely.
4. Pour jars of pepper and quince with boiling marinade up to the shoulders.
5. In a large container, sterilize the jars for 40 minutes.
6. After 40 minutes, use special tongs to remove the jars from the pan and roll them up.
– Pickled quince is suitable as an addition to beef or pork and is an independent snack. Pickled quince goes well with pilaf .
– Quince comes from Central Asia and the Caucasus.
– When marinating quince with pepper, 2 teaspoons of citric acid can be replaced with 3 tablespoons of vinegar.
– If not too ripe quince is used for pickling, it is necessary to cut off the skin from it to save the dish from astringency.
– The cores and pits of quince can not be thrown away, but dried. In winter, they can be poured with boiling water, shaken for 2-3 minutes and get a good remedy for indigestion.
– Calorie pickled quince with pepper – 65 kcal / 100 grams.
– To make quince more or less sweet, it is recommended to adjust the amount of sugar – from 200 to 400 grams. If you want to make the quince sharper, you can add hot instead of bell pepper, as well as a few garlic cloves.
– Pickling time for quince – 3 weeks.
– The quince season is in October. In Russia, quince is cultivated in the Caucasus and in the European part of Russia.