Fry the pike over a weak open fire for 15-20 minutes, depending on the size of the fish, turning regularly. Pre-pike must be marinated for half an hour.
How to fry pike on the grill
Pike – 1 piece weighing 600 grams
Vegetable oil – 3-4 tablespoons, if you like it juicier, then take more, for dietary cooking less
Tomato paste – 4 tablespoons
Lemon – 1 piece
Fennel greens – 50 grams
Parsley greens – 100 grams
Fragrant pepper – a pinch
Coriander – a whisper
Rosemary – a pinch
Dried celery – 0.5 tablespoon
Dried basil – 0.3 teaspoon
Salt – to taste
How to cook pike on the grill
1. Prepare the pike. Remove the scales from the fish using a dull knife, cut off the fins and gut, leaving the head.
2. Make a few small cuts on the back. Thoroughly and evenly rub the fish with rosemary, coriander and basil, salt and pepper.
3. Place dried celery inside the belly.
4. Squeeze the juice from the lemon and pour vegetable oil with allspice into it, mix. Pour the pike evenly with the resulting mixture.
5. Wrap the carcass with cling film or oilcloth and leave to marinate in a cool place for 30 minutes.
6. After 30 minutes, remove the fish from the film and rub with tomato paste. In the absence of tomato paste, it can be replaced with ketchup.
7. Finely chop the parsley and fennel and sprinkle on the pike. Wrap it in foil and place it on a wire rack over an open, low flame.
8. To ensure that the fish is evenly fried, it must be turned over. After 15 minutes, remove the grate from the heat, remove the foil and eat the finished fish.
– Before cooking pike on charcoal, it is necessary to process: rinse the fish, make a longitudinal incision along the belly and gut the fish, rinse again, salt, pepper, put the filling and wrap in foil.
– Care should be taken that the coals under the pike are not too strong. You can add mustard to give the dish extra spiciness and flavor. You can also make sour cream-horseradish sauce for pike.
– For greater satiety , you can stuff the pike. Thus, there will also be a vegetable side dish. For this, any vegetables are used – peppers, zucchini, potatoes. Vegetables must be peeled, cut and put into the abdominal cavity. Bake with them.
– Also suitable for bakinginside the pike mushrooms – champignons, russula, chanterelles, mushrooms, Polish or white.
– From seasonings , dill, fennel, lemon pepper, borage, ginger, cloves, laurel are suitable for fish.
– If you cook fish immediately after the catch , you get a very tasty and appetizing dish – pike is one of the few fish that is tasty even without prior marinating.
– If there is no grill , you can use a skewer or a pointed stick for frying.