Cook Yurma for 1.5 hours.
How to cook yurma
perch fillet – 300 grams
Chicken fillet – 300 grams
Egg – 1 piece
Semolina – 1.5 tablespoons
Bay leaf – 4 pieces
Peppercorns – 12 pieces
Green onions – 5 feathers
Dill, parsley – 3 sprigs
Celery – 1 stalk
Saffron – 0.5 teaspoon
Salt – 2 teaspoons
How to cook soup
1. Wash the chicken fillet, pour water into a saucepan like for soup, add 2 bay leaves, 6 peppercorns, 1 teaspoon of salt and put on the stove.
2. Boil the broth for 20 minutes.
3. Rinse the pikeperch fillet, cut into pieces, put in a separate pan, add water, add 2 bay leaves, 6 peppercorns, 1 teaspoon of salt and put on the stove.
4. Boil pike perch for 20 minutes after boiling.
5. Rinse and cut green onion feathers.
6. Wash parsley and dill, chop.
7. Rinse the celery, cut off the root, chop finely.
8. Break the egg into a plate and beat.
9. Remove the meat from the chicken broth, cool and chop the meat into pieces.
10. Add green onions, semolina, beaten egg to the meat. Mix and form walnut-sized quenelles.
11. Remove the fish from the broth.
12. Mix two broths. There should be more chicken.
13. Put the resulting broth on low heat and cook for 2 minutes.
14. Add quenelles, cook for 5 minutes and then remove.
15. Add finely chopped parsley, dill, celery, saffron to the broth and cook for 2 minutes.
16. Add fish pieces, quenelles to the broth and boil for 3 minutes.
17. Before serving, place 1 piece of fish and 3 quenelles on each plate.
Yurma is a hot first course consisting of two types of broth: fish and chicken.
— The name was chosen by the ancient people engaged in hunting and fishing. It was translated from their language as “full full in a bowler hat.”
– The dish is practically not cooked at the present time, the last time it was mentioned in the work “Domostroy”, dating back to 1547. There are 2 reasons for the disappearance of a dish. First, the ceremonial soup began to be replaced by Western European dishes. The second reason is religious: cooking was contrary to the principles of dividing food into modest and lean.
– Yurma has an astringent composition, this is what causes severe thirst after eating yurma.