Cook strawberry compote for 5 minutes .
How to cook strawberry compote
Products for cooking strawberry compote
Strawberries – 3 kilograms
Water – 1 liter
Sugar – half a kilo
How to cook strawberry compote for the winter
Sort strawberries, peel, rinse and dry on a towel. Heat water in a saucepan, dilute sugar in it, bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes. Put the strawberries into the sugar syrup, boil for 5 minutes. Pour compote into sterilized jars, twist, cool and put away for storage.
– Strawberries have the peculiarity of giving bitterness during their heat treatment, therefore, in order to cook compote without bitterness, it is better to freeze strawberries. To preserve the beneficial properties of the berry, strawberries can be ground with sugar, frozen and, when used, pour hot, but not boiling water.
– In order to keep the berries whole and beautiful in the strawberry compote, the strawberries must be dipped in boiling sugar syrup and boiled in sugar syrup for 5 minutes, then remove the berries from the syrup with a slotted spoon and transfer to jars. Bring the remaining syrup to a boil again and pour over the berries in jars.
– For compote, it is better to take dark-colored strawberries, then the compote will turn out to be the richest in taste.
– If the strawberries are overripe or rejected (for example, crushed), you can squeeze the juice out of them and add to the sugar syrup instead of the same volume of water, then the compote will turn out to be more saturated.
– The shorter the time of pasteurization of strawberry compote, the more useful properties the berry retains.
– In order for the strawberry compote to retain its brightness, you can add 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice to it when rolling.