How to cook hodgepodge
Dried porcini mushrooms – 45-50 grams (or half a kilo of frozen) Salted mushrooms
– 600 grams
Fresh tomatoes – 4 pieces
Bulb onions – 4 heads
Parsley root – 1 piece
Pickled cucumbers – 3 pieces
Lemon – 2 pieces
Pitted olives – 150 milliliters
Capers – 1 teaspoon
Milk – 1 cup
Sour cream – 100 grams
Parsley – 1 bunch
Water – 2.5 liters
Vegetable oil – 50 grams
Bay leaf – 1 piece
Black peppercorns – 4 pieces
Salt – 1 teaspoon
How to cook mushroom hodgepodge
1. Rinse dry mushrooms and pour warm water for 2 hours.
2. Rinse milk mushrooms from brine and pour milk for 3 hours.
3. After the lapse of time, rinse the milk mushrooms with running water and cut into strips. Pour the broth from dried mushrooms into a separate bowl and also cut into strips.
4. Peel cucumbers and seeds, cut into thin slices, pour 1 cup of mushroom infusion and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
5. Parsley root and onion cut into medium cubes.
6. Pour vegetable oil into a saucepan with a thick bottom, heat it up and fry the mushrooms, onion and parsley root for 7 minutes to make the vegetables soft.
7. Pour the reserved broth into the saucepan, bring the contents to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
8. Cut the tomatoes crosswise on top and pour boiling water for 30 seconds. Then rinse with ice water, peel and cut into thin slices.
9. Add tomatoes and cucumbers to the hodgepodge with the broth in which they were cooked.
10. Squeeze juice from one lemon, remove seeds.
11. Pour lemon juice into the hodgepodge, put bay leaves, capers, peppercorns and salt.
12. Boil the hodgepodge for 5 minutes, remove from heat, let it brew for 10 minutes.
13. At the bottom of each serving plate, put the olives cut in two and pour hot hodgepodge. Top with finely chopped parsley, lemon slices and sour cream.
See more soups , how to cook them and cooking time!
– Calorie content of one serving of hodgepodge – 75 kcal / 100 grams.
– As a rule, hodgepodge is cooked on a concentrated meat or fish broth.
– Ready hodgepodge can be stored in the refrigerator for no more than two days.
– You can determine the readiness of the hodgepodge by the consistency of vegetables. By the end of cooking, they should be soft.
– When cooking hodgepodge, it is necessary to ensure that porridge does not turn out from vegetables, which will make the broth cloudy.
Solyanka is seasoned with fresh herbs, lemon slices, olives and capers, and also seasoned with sour cream.
– Before putting salt , you need to taste the hodgepodge so that the hodgepodge does not oversalt.