Rinse the lines thoroughly, boil for 30 minutes, then drain the broth, rinse again and cook in new water for 10 minutes after boiling.
Attention! Lines are considered conditionally edible mushrooms. Be extremely careful when cooking.
How to cook stitches
You will need – stitches, salt, water for cooking
1. Rinse the lines under a strong stream of water, washing away sand and forest debris.
2. Put the mushrooms in a saucepan, pour in water (1 liter of water per 1 kilogram of mushrooms), add 1 tablespoon of salt.
3. Put the pan on the fire, cook for 30 minutes, stirring the mushrooms regularly so that the debris sinks to the bottom.
4. Drain the water from the pan, cool the mushrooms and rinse again.
5. Pour water over the mushrooms again, cook for 10 minutes.
6. Put the mushrooms in a colander, squeeze lightly and let the water drain.
How to cook string sauce
Stitches – 10 pieces
Onions – 2 medium heads
Cream with a fat content of 33% (minimum 20) – 250 milliliters
Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
Cinnamon – 1 pinch
Black pepper – 1 pinch
Salt – 1 teaspoon for cooking lines and 1 pinch for sauce
How to prepare the sauce from the lines
1. Rinse the mushrooms, cut off the roots.
2. Boil in salted water for 30 minutes.
3. Change the water, rinse the mushrooms, cook for another 10 minutes after boiling.
4. Dry the mushrooms, squeeze lightly and cool, put on a board and chop coarsely.
5. Peel and chop the onion.
6. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan, put the onion and fry it for 5 minutes over medium heat with constant stirring.
7. Add lines, pour in cream, cook for 10-15 minutes until thick.
8. Add cinnamon, ground black pepper and salt, mix the sauce.
9. Leave the sauce uncovered for 5 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.
How to cook soup puree from the lines
Stitches – 5 large
Potatoes – 2 pieces
Processed cheese – 30 grams
Butter – 50 grams
Tomato – 3 pieces
Bacon “for carbonara” – 3 pieces (20 grams)
Potatoes – 2 pieces
Cream with a fat content of 20% – 200 milliliters
Onions – 1 small head (30 grams)
Dill – 4 sprigs
Garlic – 2 teeth
Salt – 1 teaspoon
How to cook soup-puree from the lines
1. Wash, peel, chop the potatoes, pour 1 liter of water.
2. Put the pot with potatoes on the fire, add salt to the water, cook for 20 minutes.
3. Peel the onion and garlic, chop the garlic on a fine grater, chop the onion.
4. Rinse the lines, boil and chop finely.
5. Chop the bacon into thin strips, wash and chop the greens.
6. Cut the melted cheese into cubes.
8. Pour boiling water over the tomatoes from all sides, peel and chop finely.
7. Put butter in a frying pan, melt it over low heat.
8. Put the lines in the pan, fry for 2 minutes over medium heat.
9. Add the tomato and simmer for another 10 minutes over medium heat with constant stirring.
10. Add greens to the pan, mix and simmer for another 2 minutes.
11. Pour in the cream, cook for another 5 minutes.
12. Add the creamy mixture to the potatoes, put the melted cheese and mix until the cheese is completely dissolved.
13. Grind the soup with a blender to a puree state; if the soup is too thick, dilute it with boiling water and boil for a couple more minutes.
Your stitch soup is ready!
– A line is a mushroom from which harmful substances are not completely removed even after boiling. It is only believed that the remaining harmful substances do not cause painful harm to the body. Children are not recommended to eat.
– Hat line – with convolutions, like a walnut or a brain. The surface is velvety, the color is yellow and red. The appearance of mushrooms is very similar to morels (sometimes they are even sold under the guise of morels, because morels are considered safer mushrooms). The line has a shapeless leg, in contrast to the morel, which has a smooth leg, almost the correct shape. Also, the line always has a hat that resembles a ball or a cloud, while the morel has a cone-shaped hat.
– The line grows in spring (in April and May) and in August-September. The appearance of early mushrooms differs in the color of the cap, it is lighter. Early mushrooms, as a rule, are larger than later ones, the diameter reaches 30 centimeters versus 10 in late ones.
– Lines for collection must be sought in pine and mixed forests, at the site of clearings, bonfires, conflagrations, on the banks of rivers – where the snow melts first.
– It will be delicious if you soak the stitches for 1-2 hours in sauerkraut brine before cooking. Mushrooms must be kept in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Stir a couple of times every half hour.