In a slow cooker, cook the combined meat hodgepodge for 2 hours and leave for another half an hour .
How to cook hodgepodge
For a 5-liter pan
Beef on the bone – 400 grams
Smoked spicy sausage – 100 grams
Sausages – 3 pieces Boiled smoked
ham – 100 grams
Tomatoes – 2 pieces (can be replaced with 2 tablespoons of tomato paste)
Olives and / or olives – 100 grams
Pickled cucumbers – 3 medium-sized cucumbers
Onion – 1 large head
Black peppercorns – 5 peas
Lemon – a few circles without zest
Dill or parsley – a few sprigs
Sour cream – a spoonful per plate
Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons
Capers – 2 tablespoons
Salt – 1 teaspoon
How to cook hodgepodge
1. Pour 4 liters of water into a saucepan, add a little salt, put on a large fire.
2. Put the beef in the pan, when the water boils – reduce the heat and remove the foam; continue to cook under the lid.
3. Boil the beef for 1 hour, then remove from the pot, chop and return to the broth.
4. Cut sausage and ham into thin sticks.
5. Peel and finely chop the onion and tomatoes (peel the tomatoes by pouring boiling water over them).
6. Heat up the frying pan, pour 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, put the onion and fry it for 5 minutes over medium heat with constant stirring until transparent.
7. Add tomatoes, simmer for another 5 minutes.
8. Cut cucumbers into thin strips or grate on a coarse grater, add to onions and carrots along with tomatoes or tomato paste.
9. While the vegetables are stewing, cut the sausages into thin semicircles, fry in a separate pan for 3 minutes.
10. Add the roast to the hodgepodge, cook for 2 minutes.
11. Fried sausages, ham and sausage add to the soup, cook for another 10 minutes.
12. Add 2 tablespoons of capers to the cooked hodgepodge.
We serve the hodgepodge to the table
Serve the hodgepodge is necessary, putting 1 circle of lemon, a spoonful of sour cream and a pinch of greens in each plate.
How to cook a hodgepodge in a multicooker
1. Put the beef in a multicooker pan, pour 5 liters of hot water and cook for 1.5 hours in the “Stewing” mode.
2. Strain the broth, chop the boiled meat.
3. Fry onions with tomatoes or tomato paste in a pan, in vegetable oil, then add cucumbers and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Put the frying, chopped sausages and sausages into the slow cooker.
5. Turn on the multicooker to the “Extinguishing” mode, cook the hodgepodge for half an hour, then insist for another half an hour.
6. Pour capers into the finished hodgepodge.
See more soups , how to cook them and cooking time!
Tasty Facts about hodgepodge
Solyanka is called the “meat team”, because there is no exemplary collection for hodgepodge – to taste, a collection of any sausages and cuts is put into the hodgepodge. Only the rule of proportions of products for hodgepodge is appropriate – for a 5 liter saucepan 400 grams of meat with bone and 400 grams of collection.
How to salt hodgepodge Salt
should be monitored with extreme care, as the ingredients for cooking have enough salt to give excellent taste to the dish; be sure to taste the soup while cooking.
How to diversify the taste of hodgepodge
In the hodgepodge recipe, beef broth can be replaced with pork (from 400 grams of pork), chicken (from 2 legs) or turkey (from 1 drumstick), mushroom (400 grams of mushrooms) or fish (600 grams of fish). Smoked meat can also be used as a substitute – in the same amount as raw meat.
For the juiciness of the hodgepodge, 5 minutes before adding the frying, pour into the soup either a glass of brine from cucumbers, or a marinade from olives or olives. You can also add 1 tablespoon of sugar to the frying – in combination with smoked-salted, sugar will harmoniously complement the taste.
In addition to meat, sausages and ham, pork kidneys, beef kidneys, sausages, sausages, hunting sausages, beef and pork tongues, smoked horse meat, basturma, pork or beef heart are excellent in hodgepodge. You can also use a “pizza set” of smoked meats.
The sourness of the hodgepodge will be pleasantly shaded by mayonnaise, it is added to a bowl of soup instead of sour cream.
For greater richness, it is recommended to add 1 tablespoon of flour when frying the onion – and fry the onion with flour for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Optionally, potatoes are added to the hodgepodge (for our recipe – 5 pieces), barley (a third of a glass) or sauerkraut (200 grams).
Olives or olives in a hodgepodge can be cut into rings before adding.
Capers in a hodgepodge are necessary for sourness, they can be replaced with cucumbers, gherkins, nasturtium fruits, or not added to the hodgepodge at all. Pickled cucumbers can also be added to the hodgepodge only if desired.
How to cook hodgepodge cheaply and quickly
To save time on cooking hodgepodge, use 400 grams more sausages, sausages and ham instead of meat – cook hodgepodge on cuts for only half an hour.
To save on the cost of hodgepodge, you can go to the meat market – and it is very cheap to buy sausage trimmings there. The price is about 100-150 rubles. (on average in Moscow as of February 2019). The cost of all products for hodgepodge is from 650 rubles / 5 liters according to the specified recipe.
About the benefits of hodgepodge
Solyanka can be attributed to high-calorie anti-hangover soups. Calorie content of meat hodgepodge – depending on the collection, from 70 to 100 kcal / 100 grams.