Sopa de gato takes 2 hours to cook.
How to cook sopa de gato
Bread – 6 slices 1 centimeter thick
Hard cheese – 100 grams
Carrots – 2 pieces
Onion – 1 head
Celery – 1 stalk
Water – 2 liters
Garlic – 4 cloves
Olive oil – 3 tablespoons
Dill, parsley – 5 branches each Bay
leaf – 1 Paprika
– at the tip of a teaspoon
Salt, pepper – to taste
How to cook sopa de gato
1. Peel 1 onion, cut into 4 pieces.
2. Rinse the carrots, peel and cut into several pieces.
3. Rinse, peel and cut the celery stalk.
4. Wash greens.
5. Put onions, carrots, celery, 1 bay leaf, sprigs of greens in a saucepan, add 1 teaspoon of salt, pour water and put on medium heat.
6. When the water boils in the pan, reduce the heat and leave the broth to cook for 1.5 hours.
7. After the time has elapsed, turn off the stove and strain the broth, removing all vegetables and herbs.
8. Cut 6 slices of bread into medium-sized cubes, put on a baking sheet.
9. Preheat the oven to 100 degrees, but no more, since the bread will not be dried, but fried.
10. Place a baking sheet with sliced bread in the oven and dry it for 20 minutes.
11. After the time has elapsed, turn off the oven, but do not take out the crackers for another 20 minutes, otherwise they will not be crispy.
12. Peel and finely chop 4 cloves of garlic.
13. Grate 100 grams of hard cheese.
14. Pour 3 tablespoons of olive oil into a frying pan, heat over low heat and add dried crackers.
15. Fry them for 4 minutes to darken them.
16. Add chopped garlic, paprika, pepper at the tip of a teaspoon, a pinch of salt to the pan, pour in 1.5 cups of cooked vegetable broth and mix well.
17. Boil the contents of the pan for 5 minutes.
18. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
19. Pour the contents of the pan into a tall earthenware dish and put in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
20. After the time has elapsed, remove the soup from the oven, pour into plates and sprinkle with grated cheese.
Sopa de gato is a Spanish dish served hot. Traditional ingredients are bread, water, garlic and salt. Often, when baking, the dish is sprinkled on top with grated cheese or poured with beaten eggs.
– The soup was first prepared and tasted in the Spanish town of Cadiz in the 16th century, when it was besieged by pirates. People were in the siege for a long time and survived only because they made soup from bread, water, garlic. After these events, it began to be cooked not only in the south of Spain, the recipe of the dish reached Madrid and gradually gained fame throughout Spain. The names of sopa de gato are “cat soup” and “garlic soup”.
Sopa de gato is prepared for one day, as the soup is very easy to prepare.