It takes 1 hour to prepare 1 liter of compote from plums and apples, and half an hour to prepare a quick compote.
Compote for the winter from plums and apples
For a 3-liter jar
Apples – 4 pieces (medium)
Plums – 20 pieces
Water – 2.5 liters
Sugar – 1.5 cups with a volume of 200 milliliters
How to cook compote from plums and apples for the winter
1. Wash and grate fruit dry.
2. Cut each of the four apples into 4 pieces, remove the core.
3. Remove the stones from the plums cut in half.
4. Put prepared apples and plums into a liter jar, pour cold water over it.
5. Drain the water from the jar into the pan, add 1 cup of sugar there.
6. Bring the syrup to a boil, pour apples and plums in a jar with boiling syrup, cover with a lid. Let stand 10 minutes.
7. Pour the cooled syrup into a saucepan and bring to a boil again, boil for 1 minute.
8. Pour boiling syrup into a jar of fruit.
9. Close the jar of compote with a lid, turn it upside down, wrap it in a towel.
Remove the cooled jar of compote for storage.
Quick compote of plums and apples
– 15 pieces (300 grams)
Apples – 3 pieces (500 grams)
Sugar – 0.5 cups
Water – 1 liter
How to make compote from apples and plums
1. Wash 3 apples, remove the seeds, cut into slices.
2. Wash 15 plums, cut in half, remove pits.
3. Pour 1 liter of water into a saucepan, add apples and plums.
4. Pour half a glass of sugar.
5. Stirring, bring to a boil.
6. After boiling, cook for 5 minutes over moderate heat.
Let the compote brew for 15 minutes. The drink is ready.
– You can add a little cherry plum to the compote – it will give the drink a pleasant smell and enhance the plum flavor .
– Compote can be made from dried apples and prunes – such a drink is called “blast”.
– The ratio of apples / plums is a matter of taste, as well as determining the right amount of sugar. Part of the sugar can be replaced with honey, but you need to put honey when the compote has cooled to 40 degrees.
– When harvesting compote for the winter , fruits can be poured with boiling syrup once, and then the jar can be sterilized. To do this, put a jar of compote, covered with a lid, in a pan of a suitable diameter and add water to the pan so that it reaches the jar “up to the shoulders”. Bring the water to a boil, then sterilize the jar over low heat for 10 minutes. Pull out the jar, tightly close or roll up the lid. To check that the jar is tightly closed, you can turn it over and leave it to cool like this: if it does not flow, then it is securely closed.
– In order to give plum and apple compote an unusual flavor, you can add pears or peaches. Berries are also well combined in compote – cherries, grapes, strawberries.
– Varieties of apples for compote can be taken sourer, because. compote contains quite a lot of sugar. But the plums should be sweet so that the compote turns out to be juicy and not watery in taste. If sour plums are caught, you can soften the taste of the future compote by adding sweet apples.