Boil compote from dried apricots for 10 minutes after boiling, then insist for several hours.
How to cook dried apricot compote
Dried apricots – 150 grams
Water – 1 liter
Sugar – 1-2 tablespoons (depending on how sweet the dried apricots are)
How to make dried apricot compote Wash dried apricots
thoroughly. Pour a liter of water into the pan, put dried apricots there, add sugar and put on medium heat. Bring the compote to a boil, dissolve the sugar by stirring, cook after boiling for 10 minutes. Then cover the pan with a lid and infuse compote for at least 20 minutes. Ideally, insist dried apricot compote for 6-7 hours.
Tips for cooking dried apricot compote
– Depending on the variety of dried apricots, compote can turn out sweet or slightly sour. To add sweetness to compote, you can add sugar to taste when preparing it. To make compote sour, you can add lemon juice or 0.3 teaspoon of citric acid diluted with 1 tablespoon of water per 1 liter of drink.
– In dried apricot compote at the beginning of cooking, you can add raisins, dried apples, pears, rose hips or other dried fruits to taste.
– Dried apricot compote should be stored in the refrigerator for no more than three days, after a day the brightness of its taste begins to fade.
– Large and fleshy dried apricots are more suitable for making compote, because. gives the compote all its juiciness. Thanks to this, the compote turns out to be more rich. Many manufacturers use special machines for drying apricots, which cook lightly smoked dried apricots. Keep in mind that such dried apricots are essentially already devoid of vitamins due to increased and accelerated heat treatment.
– The peculiarity of dried apricot compote is that it needs time to infuse after cooking. Then the dried apricots will give their taste better, the compote will turn out to be more saturated. To do this, it is better to cook the compote in the evening, so that by morning the dried apricots give off their taste to a greater extent and the drink can be eaten during the day.
– It is useful to give dried apricot compote to young children instead of soda and packaged juices, since the natural product does not contain harmful elements and dyes.
– Calorie compote from dried apricots – 88 kcal / 100 grams.
– Due to the fact that dried apricots are in fact a blank, dried apricot compote is considered suitable for consumption only fresh.
– Ready compote can be bitter – this is due to poor processing of the stones before drying apricots or because of the variety (small ones can be bitter). If dried apricots are bought on the market, taste them: only sweet notes should play without adding bitterness.