Whole salmon boil for 35-40 minutes after boiling, portioned pieces – 20 minutes.
How to cook coho salmon
You will need – coho salmon, water, a knife for cleaning fish
1. Wash coho salmon, clean from scales.
2. Cut the coho salmon along the abdomen, remove the insides.
3. Cut off the tail, head, fins.
4. Cut the coho salmon into large pieces, but they should fit in the pan.
5. Put the pieces of coho salmon in a saucepan, pour in cold water to completely cover the pieces of fish.
6. Place the saucepan with coho salmon over medium heat, pour half a teaspoon of salt into the saucepan, let it boil.
7. Reduce the heat to low, remove the resulting foam with a spoon, cover the pan with a lid.
8. Boil pieces of coho salmon for 20 minutes.
9. Seven minutes before readiness, put a couple of bay leaves and 3-5 black peppercorns in a saucepan with coho salmon.
10. After readiness, remove the coho salmon from the broth.
How to cook salmon fish soup
Coho salmon (soup set or fillet) – 1 kilogram
Onions – 2 heads
Potatoes – 2 tubers
Vegetable oil – 60 milliliters
Rice – a quarter cup
Bay leaf – 2 leaves
Dried aromatic herbs – to taste
Allspice – 4 peas
Salt – half a teaspoon
Ground pepper – to taste
How to cook salmon
fish soup 1. Wash the soup set or coho salmon fillet.
2. Cut the fillet into pieces of arbitrary shape, cut the gills from the head in the soup set.
3. Put the fish parts in a saucepan, pour in water, it should completely cover the coho salmon.
4. Place the pot with coho salmon over medium heat, wait until it boils.
5. Peel one onion, do not chop.
6. Put bay leaves, black peppercorns, a whole onion into the boiling broth.
7. Reduce the heat to a quiet, salt, cook the broth for 30 minutes, removing the foam.
8. Peel the second onion, cut into small squares.
9. Pour oil into a frying pan, heat over medium heat.
10. Fry the chopped onion for 5 minutes, remove from the stove.
11. Put rice in a cup, wash well several times until the water remains clear after washing.
12. Wash potatoes, peel, cut into squares two centimeters thick.
13. Remove the pieces of coho salmon from the broth with a slotted spoon, cool.
14. Strain the broth through a fine sieve or a double layer of gauze.
15. Pour the strained broth into a clean saucepan, place over medium heat, let it boil.
16. Put rice, potato cubes, fried onions into the broth.
17. Boil vegetables, rice in broth for 15 minutes under the lid.
18. Remove the meat from the bones of the coho salmon with your hands, cut the fillet into portions.
19. Put coho salmon meat in the ear, sprinkle with ground pepper, aromatic herbs, cook for 20 minutes.
– Kizhuch lives in the Far East, along the entire Kamchatka coast, in the rivers of the northwestern Sea of Okhotsk. Sometimes coho salmon is found off the coast of eastern Sakhalin and off the island of Hokkaido. It is also common on the North American coast of the Pacific Ocean: from Alaska to California, the coho salmon inhabited here reaches a larger size than the Far East.
– Fishing for coho salmon is usually carried out from late August to early October, when it is especially abundant in the rivers, but it is also possible at other times of the year. In smaller flocks, coho salmon go to spawn in November-December, and after that – in December-February.
– When pronouncing the name coho salmon, the stress is correctly placed on the first syllable.
— Coho salmon meat contains the antioxidant astaxanthin, which stops the destructive reactions that lead to damage to cell walls. Kizhuch is also rich in B vitamins, which determine the work of the cardiovascular system, the thyroid gland.