Boil cabbage soup for 3 hours and then insist in a blanket for 1 hour.
How to cook cabbage soup
cabbage – 300 grams
Beef on the bone – 700 grams
Potatoes – 3 large potatoes
Onions – 1 head
Carrots – 1 piece
Tomatoes – 2 pieces
Parsley and green onions – half a bunch
Bay leaf – 2 leaves
Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons
Salt – 1 tablespoon
1. Pour 3 liters of water into a 4-liter saucepan, put the saucepan on fire.
2. Place the beef in a pot of cold water.
3. Salt the broth (at the beginning of cooking to make the broth rich), add bay leaf.
4. Boil the meat for cabbage soup for 1.5 hours over low heat under the lid, periodically removing the foam.
5. Wash and peel the potatoes, cut into cubes with a side of one and a half centimeters.
6. Remove dirty leaves from a head of cabbage, cut off a 300-gram piece and chop it into thin strips.
7. As soon as the meat is cooked, remove it from the pan, cool a little, divide into pieces and return to the broth.
8. Add cabbage to the pot.
9. 5 minutes after adding cabbage, add potatoes, cook for 15 minutes.
10. Peel carrots and onions. Finely chop the onion.
11. Grate carrots on a coarse grater.
12. Cut the tomatoes into cubes.
13. Heat a frying pan, pour vegetable oil, put onions, fry, stirring, for 7 minutes over medium heat without a lid.
14. Add carrots to the onion, mix and fry for another 7 minutes over medium heat without a lid.
15. Add tomatoes and simmer for another 5 minutes.
16. Add the frying to the broth and cook the cabbage soup for 7 minutes.
17. Chop the greens, put in a bowl.
18. Your cabbage soup is cooked! In order for the cabbage soup to be more rich, it is recommended to tightly close the saucepan with the cabbage soup with a lid and wrap it with a blanket for 1 hour.
Serve soup from fresh cabbage with herbs and sour cream. Also, croutons and the freshest bread, which can be crushed and added to the soup, are perfect for cabbage soup.
How to cook cabbage soup in the oven You
can cook in the oven according to the same recipe
1. Boil the beef broth, then cut the meat into pieces, add salt and pepper.
2. Add chopped cabbage to the broth, after 15 minutes potatoes.
3. While the vegetables are cooking, peel and chop the onion; fry it in oil for 7 minutes (you can fry it in an oven at a temperature of 220 degrees).
4. Wash the tomatoes, peel and put them on the onion – fry for another 5 minutes.
5. Add vegetable stir-fry to the broth.
6. Melt the oven well and cool to 140 degrees.
7. Pour boiling cabbage soup into a cast iron pot, put it in the oven.
8. Leave the cabbage soup for 3-4 hours in the oven until the temperature drops to 80 degrees.
Your soup from the oven is ready!
How to cook cabbage soup in a slow cooker
Products for cooking cabbage soup in a slow cooker – the same as for cabbage soup in a saucepan
1. Peel the onion and carrot, finely chop the onion, grate the carrot on a coarse grater.
2. Pour vegetable oil into the slow cooker, put onions and carrots, fry in the “frying” or “baking” mode for 15 minutes.
3. Cut the meat, put it on the vegetables, simmer together with the vegetables for 30 minutes.
4. Add thinly sliced cabbage, peeled and diced potatoes, chopped tomatoes to the slow cooker.
5. Pour cold water to the maximum, add salt and pepper.
6. Set the multicooker to the “quenching” mode and cook cabbage soup for 1.5 hours.
7. For the effect of infused, so-called. “daily” cabbage soup leave the multicooker turned on in the keep warm mode for 12-14 hours.
How can you replace tomatoes in cabbage soup from fresh cabbage
It is permissible to replace tomatoes in cabbage soup with tomato paste (1 tomato – 1 tablespoon of tomato paste).
What can be added to cabbage soup from fresh cabbage
Optionally, you can use Bulgarian pepper, canned beans in fresh cabbage soup.
How to cook rich cabbage soup
To cook rich cabbage soup, it is recommended to use medium-fat beef – sirloin or brisket. It is recommended to cut the fat before cooking the meat and fry the onion on it. To do this, heat a frying pan over medium heat, put the chopped fat, melt it, move it to the edge of the frying pan and put the onion. Fry the onion until golden brown. Zazharku for fat, removing the cracklings, add to the cabbage soup 7 minutes before readiness.
– Shchi as a first course was prepared for a very long time; they have been known in Russia since the 11th century.
– If a head of fresh young cabbage is used to prepare cabbage soup, then it can be laid 10 minutes after adding potatoes to cabbage soup: the leaves of young cabbage are soft, and they cook faster than the leaves of winter varieties of cabbage.
– When cooking cabbage soup with tomatoes, it is advisable to remove the skin, as it does not boil soft. In order to easily remove the skin, make a cross-shaped incision from the side of the stalk, dip the tomato in boiling water for 1 minute, remove it from the water, cool slightly and carefully remove the skin from the fruit.
– When preparing the frying for cabbage soup, you can add 3 tablespoons of grated parsley root and celery root to them. They have a pleasant smell, and also give cabbage soup a sharp herbal flavor.
– Shchi without adding meat (they are also called empty cabbage soup) can be cooked during fasting. Then no meat should be added, the cabbage soup should be served without sour cream, and to make the cabbage soup rich, you should fry onions, carrots, tomato paste or tomatoes in vegetable oil.
– Fresh cabbage soup can be stored in the refrigerator for 4 days in a container with a lid.
– Caloric content of cabbage soup from fresh cabbage – 42 kcal / 100 grams.