Boil beef liver for pate for 15 minutes .
How to cook beef liver pate
Beef liver – 550 grams
Carrots – 2 medium
Onions – 1 head
Butter – 250 grams
Salt, pepper – to taste
How to cook beef liver pate
1. Prepare vegetables for cooking. Wash and clean onions and carrots.
2. Finely chop the onion and fry until golden brown, boil the carrots.
3. Thoroughly rinse the beef liver, put it to boil for carrots for 15 minutes.
4. Check the readiness of the meat and cool it along with the vegetables.
5. Grind the cooled liver in a meat grinder. Add fried onions, 150 grams of butter and ground pepper to taste in the liver puree. In order for the pate to become tender and look like a soufflé, scroll the resulting mass at least 2 times and then beat with a blender or a fork.
6. Ready pate can be stuffed with eggs or served with sandwiches.
7. To prepare a traditional pate roll, spread the whipped mass on cling film or foil in a uniform thick layer.
8. Keep the remaining 100 grams of butter at room temperature until softened. Then thinly spread a little over the entire pate layer.
9. Gently holding the pate by the edges of the film or foil, fold it into a roll. Fold the edge of the pate inside. It is important not to let the foil or film get inside the roll so that you can then roll it again. Continue until the entire sheet of pate is twisted into a roll.
10. Leave the roll in a film or foil, align the roll with your hands, shape it into a sausage and leave it in a film or foil to preserve tenderness until serving.
– The calorie content of the liver pate is 177 kcal per 100 grams of product. – The substance heparin contained in the liver prevents myocardial infarction, and vitamin A treats urolithiasis.
– Just one serving of a liver dish contains a daily or more serving of vitamins and amino acids.
– In the refrigerator, the liver pate is stored for no more than 3 days. It is not recommended to store it in the freezer to preserve tenderness and taste.
– If you soak the liver for 10 minutes before cooking, changing the water, bitterness and blood will leave the meat.
– The cost of products for making liver pate according to our recipe is from 300 rubles. (on average in Moscow as of June 2020).
– The readiness of the liver during cooking is determined by piercing with a knife. If no blood comes out of the liver, the meat is ready.
– For piquancy in taste, when preparing beef liver pate, the addition of walnuts or mushrooms is allowed.
When choosing a liver, it is important to pay attention to its color and smell. The correct color of the product varies from dark red to brown and has a rich, even shade. The smell should not be embarrassing, and the liver section should be rough to the touch.
– Freshly baked bread or toast is ideal for liver pate.