Barley groats must be sorted and washed before cooking, but it is not necessary to soak. Shake the washed cereal in a colander, pour into a saucepan and pour water. For cooking crumbly cereals, a ratio of 1: 3 is suitable – cereals to cold water. Putting the pan on the fire and waiting for it to boil, cook the barley groats for 20 minutes . If you need to cook barley groats away from the stove – for a glass of 300 milliliters, set the power to “3” on a 10-point scale and the time is 40 minutes.
How to cook barley groats
You will need – 1 cup of barley groats, 3 cups of water
1. Pour barley grits on a flat dish and select possible debris.
2. Pour the cereal into a sieve and rinse, let the water drain.
3. Put the groats in a saucepan, pour water in a ratio of 1: 3 – 3 cups of water for 1 cup of barley groats.
4. Put the pan on a quiet fire, bring to a boil over medium heat with constant stirring.
5. Add oil (for 1 glass of cell – 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil or a small cube of butter) and salt (for 1 glass of cells – 1 teaspoon of salt).
6. Cook barley groats for 20 minutes, stirring regularly.
7. Remove the cell from the fire, cover the pan with a lid and wrap it in a blanket for evaporation. Or, you can evaporate the porridge for 15 minutes in the oven, heated to a temperature of 150 degrees.
– Barley groats are not pearl barley . Barley groats, like barley, are made from barley, but it is important to understand that the processing method gives the barley its original taste.
– Barley groats are considered even more useful product than pearl barley , as it contains more fiber. Barley in the production of cells is minimally processed and crushed, which ensures quick preparation.
– Caloric content of barley groats – 315 kcal / 100 grams. Barley groats are considered a high-calorie product. But despite this, barley groats are prescribed for diets, as it helps to cleanse the body and supplies it with a maximum of important nutritional properties.
– Barley groats are useful for the elderly , as it helps with many diseases: hypertension, kidney and vascular diseases, colds. Cells also prevent cancer and promote rejuvenation of the body. Yachka is a natural antibiotic without side effects.